5 replies to this topic

#1 tsportbrett

tsportbrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Car Model:T Sport

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thinking about de-cating my 2002 yaris t-sport but wanted to know how to get round the two oxygen sensors already got full cat back stainless exhaust custom made by blue flame performance exhausts. Thanks alot

#2 ChinGy

ChinGy

Best Modified Car of Miss Banzai 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Car Model:Not a Yaris!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Have a spacer between the O2 sensor and the exhaust pipe. Or buy a O2 sensor resistor such as PPE O2 conditioner.

1992 MK1 Eunos S Special Supercharged Eaton M45 58mm KMT Pulley
RS*R 4-2-1 Manifold - Solid-Fabrications Custom Made Exhaust - Meister R Coilovers - Low Pro Headlights - 305cc Supra Green Top Injectors - Coolant Reroute

166833.png

#3 tsportbrett

tsportbrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Ok cheers and this wnt bring a light on.

Sorry which sensor pre or post cat for the resister and wat do you mean by spacer mate

#4 Aidan

Aidan

Ban Hammerer

• Administrators
  • 12,661 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have an envy decat and midsection, the first sensor is left alone because that is unaffected. My second sensor has a spacer which makes the 02 sensor sit further out from the exhaust gases. My light hasnt come on.

#5 ChinGy

ChinGy

Best Modified Car of Miss Banzai 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Car Model:Not a Yaris!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Post. You need to trick the post sensor into thinking the air reading is cleaner than pre sensor.
Spacer, which its name suggest, puts a space between the exhaust and the sensor, so that less amount of the dirty air is read.
Generally the O2 sensor detects a voltage signal. If you connect a resistor then you prevent the voltage from changing, hence fooling the sensor that everything is okay.
That was a bit more details than required, but it's good to understand how it works.

1992 MK1 Eunos S Special Supercharged Eaton M45 58mm KMT Pulley
RS*R 4-2-1 Manifold - Solid-Fabrications Custom Made Exhaust - Meister R Coilovers - Low Pro Headlights - 305cc Supra Green Top Injectors - Coolant Reroute

166833.png

#6 tsportbrett

tsportbrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Owww i get it now hehe so that sensor with the spacer is sat further out so it wont register as much exhaust gases and how big is ur spacer cheers for all your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com