Search the Community
Showing results for tags 't sport'.
Found 3 results
Hi all. I thought it was about time I started a little thread on my yaris build. It's nothing too crazy but it's turned out pretty much how I was hoping! Starting from the beginning! I had a gs300, was ridiculously low and needed a daily as I was ruining the Lexus using it all the time. So after looking at a few t sports i bought this ph1 red t sport for the small sum of £750, the plan was to keep it practical, but looking fairly smart and handling well. When I bought it the bodywork had admittedly seen better days, both front arches had bubbled from rust, and it was pretty faded. The car had full history, exedy clutch, blitz nurspec s, k&n typhoon intake and tein s tech springs already fitted. First job on the list was getting the paint work looking presentable. A full cut polish and wax later and the colour really started to look good again Also removed the badges and rear wiper, I also added a square front plate. I then won some mx5 enkei wheels for a mere £22 on eBay with near new tyres. I absolutely loved how it sat on the 14's but they were too skinny and their is minimal tyre choice for 14" wheels Next up was to paint the roof to cover the lacquer peel, I also painted the centre of the front bumper. I then bought some cobra side winder seats, made some custom seat rails using the existing t sport sliders. The only thing left to do was buy some wider wheels with some 195 50 15 tyres. Luckily ed had rob fish's old momo wheels with brand new Rain sport 3's for sale, so I traded my mx5 wheels and cash for Them. I ran it like this for the next few months, I was really happy with it and was a perfect daily. Unfortunately the engine mounts were showing their age, you could really feel the engine moving when driving it hard. I made my own solid engine mounts using tiger seal, previously done it to my puma engine fiesta and it worked a treat. Once I fitted them it change how the car felt completely, so it was time to strip it out and make it fun. Then went and picked up some dectane led rear lights That was the last modification I done to "nug" Unfortunately the body work started looking tired and I kinda fell out of love with it. I then get tagged in a Facebook post, an old fella put his daughters yaris t sport up for sale a few miles away from my house, a ph1 thunder grey, 90k miles and the shell was absolutely mint, no rust what so ever! Rang him up and went through to see it straight away, ended up paying £400 And he included brand new padgid disc and pads too! Within 24 hour of buying it, parts started getting swapped from the red one. the red one got retired mostly back to standard, other than tein lowering springs and blitz nurspec Within a few hours of posting it up for sale, it was sold. Pretty gutting to see it go but at least I had a clean new shell. I then bought a ph2 rear bumper Rear end got stripped, boot floor painted black and all the interior plastics and roof lining went black Custom side skirt extensions Front rhino lip, cold air feed from the n/s foglight, And black badges Tein springs and custom back box delete was fitted. Next on the list was a new motamec red suede steering wheel and canards. Cleaned the engine bay up, also painted a few bits red. Here's a few photos how it currently looks
Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Alex, and I've recently purchased a 2003 (53) Yaris T-Sport, after wanting one for a couple of years now. A decent mileage, 2 owner car popper up for sale a couple of miles away from me and I leaped for it. Having previously owned a Mk2 MX5, I was a little worried about the step down in power, but it isn't really massively noticeable and the Yaris certainly isn't much slower or less fun to drive at all, I'm sure a couple of handling mods and a nice exhaust will transform the car. First thing I did when I got it home, was a full detail inside and out to make it feel like my car, which also meant I could get to know it a little better. Overall, the condition was very good, especially for the age and there were only a couple of small parking dings, which I was rather happy with. I also got some Team Heko wind deflectors, which made a difference to wind noise and also look pretty cool if you ask me! I also changed the plates to import sized 13x7's, which I felt suited the car more than the long UK plates. I sourced a couple of parts already, a used Blitz Nur Spec (which I need because my back box and mid pipe are shot) and some Enkei Racing Peaks wheels (15x6.5j et32) which I'm currently refurbishing when I have the odd hour here and there, and should fill the arches nicely. With Christmas coming up and me being a student, I'll have to wait until January to get my exhaust fitted and new tyres for the Enkei's, but I suppose it gives me something to look forward to! Next year, I'd be looking at lowering the car, upgrading the bracing and a few interior mods, as well as a full service, which would be due around then.