Sign in to follow this  
Twisterboy

Engine Choices For The Mark 3 Yaris.

MODS: IF POSSIBLE CAN THIS BE MADE A STICKY

If your in the market and looking for a mark 3 Yaris here are the engines availble for you:

Engine:1.0 VVTI
Transmission: 5 Speed
BHP:69
Fuel consumption: 58.9MPG
Co2 emmissions: 111 g/km
0-62mph: 15.3 seconds
Trim Levels: T2 and TR

Engine:1.33 VVTI
Transmission: 6 Speed
BHP:99
Fuel consumption: 52.3MPG
Co2 emmissions: 123 g/km
0-62mph: 11.7 seconds
Trim Levels: TR, SR and T-Spirit

Engine:1.33 VVTI Multi-Drive
Transmission: Auto Box
BHP:99
Fuel consumption: 55.4MPG
Co2 emmissions: 118 g/km
0-62mph: 11.7 seconds
Trim Levels: TR, SR and T-Spirit

Engine:1.4 D4D
Transmission: 6 Speed
BHP:90
Fuel consumption: 72.4MPG
Co2 emmissions: 104 g/km
0-62mph: 10.8 seconds
Trim Levels: TR

I would be interested to see if a turbo/supercharger kit is made for the 1nr-fe (1.33) as that's the best engine in the line up.

I don't know why Toyota hasn't brought in a small turboed engine yet like VW is doing.

But that's the point.
VW's 1.2 TSI makes 103bhp 129lb-ft and still does 53mpg and gets into tax group D while lugging around that big fat Skoda Fabia.

Turbo's make a lot of sense.
Even Honda's had to admit it and the new Type-R is going turbo.

Can't remap jap stuff locked ecu

But it is true most companies understand now that forced induction is the best way to burn fuel and make the best mpg so why toyota aren't doing I don't know.

It does seem that they are focusing purely on the hybrid systems which is poo tbh

As above vag do a 1.2 tfsi which is the turbo supercharged jobby. When they put it in the a3 that's just retarded but in a lupo polo super mini stuffs then it's a cracking engine

In that Toyota line up to see the diesel leading the pack in performance is just terrible really but what can you do

Yeah they really need a little 1.2 or 1.3 low pressure turbo job, like the VAG group and Renault do in Twingo and Clio...

Its green increased perfomance and good MPG

My dad has a 1.6 Turbo Nissan Juke its 190bhp from the factory! Just shows little engines can gave a bit of power :-)

I posted [url="http://www.yarisclubuk.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10111-good-news/page__p__139342__hl__%2Bdirect+%2Binjection__fromsearch__1#entry139342"]THIS[/url] last year.

they are introducing it, but after 2012. Plus they are working on other things like direct injection to go along side the turbo technology.
Toyota can do turbo's with their eye's closed (nearly every Toyota in the 80's/90's had one), I think they're working on technology to make them stand out amoungst the sea of small turbo'd cars. It's just a waiting game though, as they're pushing out all of the hybrid models.
the next yaris will be the HSD hybrid model.

Oh, and don't believe the diesel MPG figure! I ran a 2008 yaris (admittedly with a 5 spd box) and I only averaged around 48mpg in 18months ownership. It is possible to see the figures they post, but you have to drive on the motorway, at 60 with the lorries. I did it once and hit 79mpg.

In 2012 Lexus are nolonger producing any standard furled cars they are all going to be petrol hybrids. So no chance there.
Tbh I can't see Toyota doing any different as they do own Lexus.
The ft86 is a Subaru collaboration so nothing to do with Toyota hence why it's a sports car and not like the current lineup.
It's a shame but that's the future. Now that Volvo have done a diesel hybrid that makes 150mpg can't see ppl going away from them now...

Yeah, nobody can stop us enjoying our Toyotas back when they were still making cars with souls

The other big big factor is companies having to meet global pollution figures. Companies that can get right under the limits will be given bonuses ect for doing so

[quote name='Ub3R' date='06 October 2011 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1317913542' post='165503']
But that's the point.
VW's 1.2 TSI makes 103bhp 129lb-ft and still does 53mpg and gets into tax group D while lugging around that big fat Skoda Fabia.

Turbo's make a lot of sense.
Even Honda's had to admit it and the new Type-R is going turbo.
[/quote]

well they are doing wrong because VTEC doesnt work well with turbos. unless they are teeny tiny.

I don't think they're giving it lift.
Just normal valve timing.

They've already confirmed 210bhp so I'm assuming the torque number's will be somewhere around 200 which is the main increase people aren't thinking about.