Sign in to follow this  
Twisterboy

Running In A New Yaris..... Is It A Limiter??

[quote name='Ub3R' date='31 May 2012 - 07:05 AM' timestamp='1338447946' post='196137']
The CVT won't be helping your fuel economy.

I would expect no less than 50 in the 1.33
Saying that I averaged about 45-50 in the Aygo which is supposed to do 62.
[/quote]

Toyota advertise the CVT version to have slightly more MPG compared to the manual.

Anyways i guess i need to be less heavy footed :) and be gentle accellerating, none of this 3 to 4K rpm marlakey.

Tyre seems to be ok , this morning , not really any PSI lost , but i took it down to the garage and they couldnt find anything , they even got it up to 50 PSI , but still couldnt find a puncture. Slapped the wheel back on and got to work no problem.

Hope it doesnt go flat after work ...

Lustral - Seems a bit weird with your tyre mate.

Nothing wrong with the old 3-4 K thats when I feel the Yaris comes alive.

Davy

[quote name='twister' date='31 May 2012 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1338470310' post='196180']
Lustral - Seems a bit weird with your tyre mate.

Nothing wrong with the old 3-4 K thats when I feel the Yaris comes alive.

Davy
[/quote]

Yeah totally weird , ah well , i think it was some kids having a giggle .

i agree nothing wrong with 4k rpm , infact its the best rpm for maximum torque and hp output but not very good for MPGzzzz.

Well went over for a meal to the inlaws yesterday and the little Yaris returned 55MPG, really loving driving the Yaris and my fear of poor economy is deminishing, it seems to get better and better with every mile, now on par to overtake the official figure of the CVT Yaris.

Davy

[quote name='twister' date='05 June 2012 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1338917742' post='196812']
Well went over for a meal to the inlaws yesterday and the little Yaris returned 55MPG, really loving driving the Yaris and my fear of poor economy is deminishing, it seems to get better and better with every mile, now on par to overtake the official figure of the CVT Yaris.

Davy
[/quote]

You taking your reading from the on board computer or using Fuelly , an website where you punch in your odometer & amount u fill in etc etc and it works it out for you ?

At the moment im sat at about 270 miles , with 1/4 tank left , will fill it up tonight mind :) ill use another 30 miles tonight to get home.

Speaking to the garage and they said that the eco should shoot up at about 5-6K miles done. Ill wait and see.

[quote name='Lustral' date='06 June 2012 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1338991073' post='196912']
You taking your reading from the on board computer or using Fuelly , an website where you punch in your odometer & amount u fill in etc etc and it works it out for you ?

At the moment im sat at about 270 miles , with 1/4 tank left , will fill it up tonight mind :) ill use another 30 miles tonight to get home.

Speaking to the garage and they said that the eco should shoot up at about 5-6K miles done. Ill wait and see.
[/quote]

Onboard computer on one single trip was my 55MPG, my average worked out using fuely is about 42mpg.

Davy

Well after 4K on the clock now , and the range computer is saying 375 miles now ! its climbing slowing and i havent exactly kept it light footed this fuel up. Maybe just maybe i can do 400 miles on a tank !

Mine is at 4500miles now, range is still about 320 miles, but still doing town miles, going to be using the car on longer trips this weekend and needs a fill up tomorrow, the big test is going to be when I take it to London 4 up!

Davy Edited by twister

[quote name='twister' date='28 June 2012 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1340907705' post='200509']
Mine is at 4500miles now, range is still about 320 miles, but still doing town miles, going to be using the car on longer trips this weekend and needs a fill up tomorrow, the big test is going to be when I take it to London 4 up!

Davy
[/quote]

Yeah mines mostly motorways , gonna do a bit of a road trip tomorrow , going to the Lakeside , which will take me about 2.5 hours each way though. I wonder what my mpg would be for that trip.

Getting some nice MPGzzz now , last one was almost 49MPG.

Dunked some Shell V Power today , will report and see how this tank goes

Wow mines hit 7K miles done , and my last fuel up according to Fuelly almost got 50 MPGs , but that is really exercising some proper light footed and boring driving.
MPGs is going up more and more now, maybe its because i have have started to use Shell rather than cheapy Asda petrol ?

i have a MK3 yaris SR and ive redlined mine before and never had it limited since i got it from new

[quote name='twister' timestamp='1347650187' post='213640']
6100 miles now and the Yaris is now averaging about 41MPG, now mixed driving instead of town.

Davy
[/quote]
ive done 7900 now and get 38mpg but i only do town driving.