Sign in to follow this  
Twisterboy

Tough Little Yaris

Hi all,

Our little Yaris had a fight with a phesant this weekend and the phesant come off worst.....

Basically we stood no chance of avoiding it and hit at 60mph on our way up north, I feared the worst as I've hit a phesant before in one of my previous cars and it made a right mess of the car, well we were only five miles from our destination and when we arrived I jumped out to inspect the damage, no marks, no broken parts, the only fault was the bumper had decided to unclip itself from the drivers wing, pushed it back into place and the car lives to see another day... The phesant I think will have been taken away by the local farmer.

It's a testimony to the safety of Toyota.

Cheers

Davy

It was the wife driving I actually never seen it think I was sleeping and I thought it was a blow out, then I seen the feathers, she said there was no chance she could have swerved to avoid it and it was too late to slow down it just came out of no-where, wish I had taking a pic of the slight damage when we arrived.

Davy

[quote name='PetrolHead' date='06 March 2012 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1331031870' post='183241']
Hope you washed your car since!

:bad:
[/quote]

Not yet, no sign of any damage or blood on the car, hoping to clean the car tomorrow afternoon if the weather allows me.

Davy

I had a 'brush' with a kamikaze pheasant a few weeks ago in the bB, it decided that mine was the car to commit suicide on :rolleyes2:

It came out of nowhere and hit the front but we didn't notice it come out behind, carried on driving and realised by all the other drivers staring at the car that it must still be attached :unsure: a few miles later I pulled into Sainsbury's car park to find it in the lower grille wings neatly spread above & below - needless to say Sainsburys had free-range pheasant on offer in their car park that day B)

Ahh the joys of living in the countryside :lol:

[quote name='MsB' date='09 March 2012 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1331298366' post='184012'] in the lower grille wings neatly spread above & below - [/quote]

Funny you should say that, I saw a green yaris on the a31 today that has one caught in the lower grill.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk