Sign in to follow this  
Lustral

Touch & Go Update

Just did a update on my Yaris MK3 Touch & Go to 1.7.4L and installed the free weather and that glass of water app. Anyone else updated theirs ? Not noticed anything different yet.

[quote name='twister' date='14 April 2012 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1334429612' post='188939']
How do you update Mate?

Davy
[/quote]

You need to make an account with my.toyota.eu

Also you need a blank usb stick

And you need your VIN of your car as well to register to the toyota system.

Once you have registered all of that , you need to make a 'finger-print' of your Touch & Go system onto the USB key by starting your car , and put the usb key into the port and then goto setup > general > system info > then press copy to USB

Wait for that to complete, and then you have the finger print.

Download the Toyota Touch & Go Toolbox and install that program into your Window computer.

Load up and when prompted put your usb key stick into your computer.

The rest should be pretty straight forward prompts on the screen.

Thats to install apps etc etc

To simply update the firmware of the Touch & Go , i think you just need to register and download the update on the website.

I think this is the hot link.

[url="https://www.naviextras.com/to/toyota_os_eu_low"]https://www.naviextr...oyota_os_eu_low[/url]

Then copy this to a blank usb key.

It has to be blank.

Then go to your car and plug it in and follow instructions on the screen.

Wait and dont switch off your engine.

Let me know how it goes.

What's this glass of water app? Does is show a full glass in a cupholder and spill when you dont go round corners smoothly etc?

[quote name='coupi' date='14 April 2012 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1334432173' post='188951']
What's this glass of water app? Does is show a full glass in a cupholder and spill when you dont go round corners smoothly etc?
[/quote]

I havent had the chance to test it yet , but yeah i think that is the concept .. accelerate too hard and it will lose water , and going around corners hard will as well .. its all to do with maxing mpg.

Think you know more that Toyota mate LOL.

We've had tons of customers asking for updates and we've heard nothing from Toyota yet :(

[quote name='twister' date='18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1334765007' post='189629']
Well I've downloaded the toolbox but does not recognise memory stick any ideas?

Davy
[/quote]

Have u made a 'fingerprint' of your Yaris Touch & Go ?

If done , you need to make sure the USB is connected directly to the computer and not via USB hubs etc etc.

:)

[quote name='twister' date='19 April 2012 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1334843275' post='189758']
Yeah Finger print has been made , sounds daft and I'm not computer minded how do you connect direct to the computer.

Davy
[/quote]

What i mean is to connect the usb stick to the computer .. ports on the back of the computer is fine. Then the Toolbox should pick up your usb stick.

[quote name='Chris1990' date='05 May 2012 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1336249069' post='192321']
Hi,
I'm new on here. How do you update the touch and go to version 1.7? My system is coming up as 1.6.2

Thanks.
[/quote]

Read the above posts from me ...

[quote name='yaris edd' date='18 May 2012 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1337355174' post='194390']
touch and go sounds like a realy fast w*** hahah
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Managed to install 'Glass of Water' & 'Weather' to my Touch & Go but nothing shows up in any of the menu's, anyone know which screen it's suppose to come up on or how you start the applications?

Cheers

[quote name='Gash09' date='24 June 2012 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1340545392' post='199693']
Managed to install 'Glass of Water' & 'Weather' to my Touch & Go but nothing shows up in any of the menu's, anyone know which screen it's suppose to come up on or how you start the applications?

Cheers
[/quote]

Top Left Calls//App button and then u need to scroll down to see the installed apps ;)

[quote name='Gash09' date='25 June 2012 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1340659350' post='200013']
Thanks for that Lustral, will give it a go in the morning.
[/quote]

No problem at all ;) Have fun

My record is 11 drops of water over 26 miles , i.e one way to work.

To be honest it is very hard to drive conservatively.

My Touch and Go Update from 1.6 to 1.7.4 (7 packages) seemingly from the on-screen info worked OK. However, it did not work properly and the Touch & Go system in now broken! No maps, no system info, etc. Any ideas ?

How long did your update take?

Did you get a 'nice' satisfactory completed message?

Even the txt log the system put on my memory stick seemed to indicate all went well!

I guess it's a trip to my Toyota Dealer then?

[quote name='Frizzy' timestamp='1346182887' post='210859']
My Touch and Go Update from 1.6 to 1.7.4 (7 packages) seemingly from the on-screen info worked OK. However, it did not work properly and the Touch & Go system in now broken! No maps, no system info, etc. Any ideas ?

How long did your update take?

Did you get a 'nice' satisfactory completed message?

Even the txt log the system put on my memory stick seemed to indicate all went well!

I guess it's a trip to my Toyota Dealer then?
[/quote]

Try to do the update again , just stick the USB stick u have downloaded the 1.7.4 onto and just restart the car , make sure you dont interrupt the process. Failing that, just pop down to Toyota and they will sort it out for you.

[quote name='Lustral' timestamp='1346189667' post='210876']
Try to do the update again , just stick the USB stick u have downloaded the 1.7.4 onto and just restart the car , make sure you dont interrupt the process. Failing that, just pop down to Toyota and they will sort it out for you.
[/quote]

The T&G is so badly 'corrupted' that the USB stick containing the 1.7.4.update is no longer recognised like before. I.e. nothing happens on re-insertion.

Have been to the Dealer but say they will need 'Head Office' to help sort out the problem.

PS. Did you know you can get into the T&G's service mode by

Going in to ACC mode with Ignition Key
Powering up T&G to go in to the Audio Off screen
Then, whilst pressing CAR button on Audio Off screen, switch headlights ON/OFF 3 times.

I kid you NOT!

Under the Service Information screen there is an option to Load a Disc Update.

Being clever I coverted the .iso file into a real disk image and tried that but to no avail.

Frizzy

[quote name='Frizzy' timestamp='1346246505' post='210955']
The T&G is so badly 'corrupted' that the USB stick containing the 1.7.4.update is no longer recognised like before. I.e. nothing happens on re-insertion.

Have been to the Dealer but say they will need 'Head Office' to help sort out the problem.

PS. Did you know you can get into the T&G's service mode by

Going in to ACC mode with Ignition Key
Powering up T&G to go in to the Audio Off screen
Then, whilst pressing CAR button on Audio Off screen, switch headlights ON/OFF 3 times.

I kid you NOT!

Under the Service Information screen there is an option to Load a Disc Update.

Being clever I coverted the .iso file into a real disk image and tried that but to no avail.

Frizzy
[/quote]

Have you tried re-creating the USB stick with 1.7.4 yet ? , i would also suggest to try another USB stick just to be on the safe side.

I might have a try tonight checking that Service Mode out on the T&G , there was a guide on youtube , but that didnt work at all.

[quote name='Lustral' timestamp='1346248380' post='210962']
Have you tried re-creating the USB stick with 1.7.4 yet ? , i would also suggest to try another USB stick just to be on the safe side.

I might have a try tonight checking that Service Mode out on the T&G , there was a guide on youtube , but that didnt work at all.
[/quote]

Have used a brand-new USB stick - and same happens on insertion - Zilch!

[quote name='Frizzy' timestamp='1346252177' post='210970']
Have used a brand-new USB stick - and same happens on insertion - Zilch!
[/quote]

Damn , sounds like you need to go back to Mr T and get it sorted , im sure your car is under warranty still :p