Sign in to follow this  
Lustral

10,000 Miles Service

[color=#282828][font=sans-serif]Just had my Mk3 SR CVT serviced , 10K was up on it and there isnt really anything to report.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=sans-serif]Asked them to swap the front set of tyres to the back and vice versa, as the fronts have lost about 1mm of tread. Also from the report it needed 3.4 Litres of 5W Oil and they topped up my screen wash.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=sans-serif]This took them just under 1 hour and im £119 lighter. Hopefully no issues till 20K.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=sans-serif]Any one else had their Mk3 serviced yet ? [/font][/color]

Got ours serviced in September and my service was free due to the finance package.

Mileage was just over 6000 just a inspection service, oil and screenwash, I had changed the air filter myself.

Mind you I also topped up oil and coolant before the service.

Davy

putting mine in for first service next month at 10,000. What tyres are you on? mine are at around 2mm n only done 10,000

Yokohamas on mine, they are tucked up in the garage for the winter now, but will rotate them when they go back on as judging by the wear they clearly were not rotated at the 1yr service (mine was serviced just before I purchased it from the stealer at 8,000). Can't comment on the service as did not have the car prior to this. I will be dropping in to the garage at some point as the trim in front of the nearside wing mirror keeps popping out. It pushes back in ok, but then pops out again after a few miles.

One other thing I have noticed is that the exhaust tone sounds a bit noisy (almost sporty). I only really noticed this the other day when I was outside the car unloading something from the boot. Since then I have driven a bit with the window open and it does have a slightly blowy tone. Is this normal?

Mine came with Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 , only worn 1mm at 10K , my SR also has a slightly blowy exhaust note as it got the optional tail pipe installed. Check it out when starting the car and leaving the door open and then booting it to 2k rpm quickly. ;)

My SR is going back the dealer next next Saturday 22/12/2012 as im finding the car is drifting to the right when the steering , what i think is to be straight. Checked the usual tyre pressure and visually checked the brakes and i cant see anything out of the ordinary. It is only very slightly pulling to the right , more noticeable on motorway driving.

Question is , could the dealer have fudged the wheel alignment when swapping the tyres on the 10K service ?

I have not kerbed or ran over any major pot holes etc etc.

hmmm it is entirely possible they didnt fit the wheels right!

something you could try at home, jack the car up, take the wheels of, and refit them, but tighten the nuts opposite ways, so top-bottom-left-right

then lower the car down and nip them up again in the same order and take a test drive

[quote name='Lustral' timestamp='1355402705' post='227066']
My SR is going back the dealer next next Saturday 22/12/2012 as im finding the car is drifting to the right when the steering , what i think is to be straight. Checked the usual tyre pressure and visually checked the brakes and i cant see anything out of the ordinary. It is only very slightly pulling to the right , more noticeable on motorway driving.

Question is , could the dealer have fudged the wheel alignment when swapping the tyres on the 10K service ?

I have not kerbed or ran over any major pot holes etc etc.
[/quote]

Where the tyres equal tread when swapped about? Things as simple as uneven thread depth between the 2 tyres can cause a pull, easiest and quickest thing to do is swap the 2 front wheels round and see if it gets any better or worse. Or could have been a bigger pot hole than you think.

[quote name='Big_g' timestamp='1355412742' post='227089']
Where the tyres equal tread when swapped about? Things as simple as uneven thread depth between the 2 tyres can cause a pull, easiest and quickest thing to do is swap the 2 front wheels round and see if it gets any better or worse. Or could have been a bigger pot hole than you think.
[/quote]

Yup the tread was equal at 7.0 (i.e hardly worn at all) at the back when they changed it.

Just got back from the dealer , they said they adjusted the tracking slightly and asked me to check see how it goes on the motorway.

All good so far on the little stint on the motorway back home.

Mine had it's 10k service in November, nothing to report.

Although, I have had countless problems with the yokohama tyres, so in the end got fed up and changed all 4 to Dunlop!