Sign in to follow this  
treelowa

Hybrid Tail Lights

Any idea if the 2012 hybrid tail lights would fit the other models directly. I have a trend and am not particularly fond of the tail light cluster?

[quote name='Joe1337' timestamp='1354316238' post='225172']
They physically fit but you'll have to make a wiring harness

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

How are you sure about this, to give advice about considering this is something I doubt you've done with it being a 2012 Yaris?

Surely they will fit the same, just like on the MK1 Yaris's? Might be wrong but knowledge on this stuff isnt all worked out just yet

[quote name='Aidan' timestamp='1354364524' post='225214']
How are you sure about this, to give advice about considering this is something I doubt you've done with it being a 2012 Yaris?

Surely they will fit the same, just like on the MK1 Yaris's? Might be wrong but knowledge on this stuff isnt all worked out just yet
[/quote]

fairly sure that the non hybrid uses bulbs, and the hybrid uses LED lights, if so then surely you'd have to use different connectors?

I think your right Joe would need to have a look at a hybrid might tweet the sales manager at my dealer and ask but sure it is Led's they use.

Davy

They definitely use LEDS when I went to get some bits for my car back in match they had a promo car in and it was there and it definitely had LEDS

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

[quote name='Joe1337' timestamp='1354370322' post='225216']
fairly sure that the non hybrid uses bulbs, and the hybrid uses LED lights, if so then surely you'd have to use different connectors?
[/quote]

yeah, and in the MK1, you plug the same plugs into the OEM Bulb units or the LED units. Why would the plugs have to be different, its all 12 volts. Saying that, they may be pointlessly different but I don't see why they would.

they fit , i work for toyota and ive looked previously.

plus theres a yaris hybrid you can get with just the ordinary lights .[quote name='twister' timestamp='1354363982' post='225213']
Is that because they run higher voltage.

Davy
[/quote]

People think that cause its a hybrid it will run higher voltage to everything but thats not the case everything is the same apart from the batteries and gearbox

[quote name='Aidan' timestamp='1354408015' post='225288']
yeah, and in the MK1, you plug the same plugs into the OEM Bulb units or the LED units. Why would the plugs have to be different, its all 12 volts. Saying that, they may be pointlessly different but I don't see why they would.
[/quote]

I didnt know the bulbs on the Mk1 were the same for LEDs, however fairly sure toyota love to keep thier owners on thier toes ;)

[quote name='AndrewA' timestamp='1354466079' post='225321']
they fit , i work for toyota and ive looked previously.

plus theres a yaris hybrid you can get with just the ordinary lights .

People think that cause its a hybrid it will run higher voltage to everything but thats not the case everything is the same apart from the batteries and gearbox
[/quote]

Sweet - May have to get them for the Yaris then, do you know what sort of cost we would be looking at for the pair?

Davy

Alright lads.

Just signed on here because I'm interested in getting front (not sure if this means changing the bumper) and rear lights from the Hybrid for my SR. Do you know anything more on if this is possible and prices?

John

Sitting comfortably for the hybrid rear lights fitted. My dealer has quoted £400 fitted so they can be fitted.

Davy

ps just away to pick my jaw up from the floor!

Only got the one rear light but as as said in my last post its going to need a new connector plug or as Joe mentioned earlier it might be a wiring harness job. Not keen to butcher the car that i might hand back in a years time, going to have a think on what to do i might even pay the cash for Toyota to fit them when i purchase the other side.

Davy