Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Headlights

Flashed my high beam getting out the car n headlights came back on even though keys wernt in n light were off n they went off again after about 30 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this i thought it was quite a good feature n thought i would share it incase it was un known haha

I use this all the time :p You can set the delay via the Touch system to specify the length that it says on for. 10 , 20 or 30 secs.

On the subject of headlights , has anyone changed their default bulbs yet ? I fancy getting some that are a little more brighter and white.

Haha cant believe i didnt know this n ive had car since june lol took me 3 months to realise pressing and holding mode on the steering wheel pauses music n mutes radio haha

Haha thats new to me lol need a page just for things just like this coz there prob loads i dont know about lol

Use mine all the time to light up my front door, thought I got more than 30 seconds through!

In regards to uprating bulbs I am shortly going to see someone about uprating these.

Davy

Davy do share info once you got them , i wish to have a bit more light at night :)

Thanks.

Another tip is , when you unlock the car using the remote and don't actually go into the car , the car will lock itself again after 30 secs as well.

I knew about the self locking :p also ifyou dont switch your lights off after about 10 mins they switch off aswell

Doesn't it make a buzz noise if you forget to turn your lights. In 10 mins the battery is prolly flat :p

Any more Mk3 tips share share

Brilliant, been away for a while so only just spotted this thread. Was just cursing tramping down the drive on the slippy ice in the dark (really need to get the PIR fixed on the house light).  I really miss not having auto light features that I had on my Octavia.  What would be really handy is if there was some sort of remote keyfob combination that did this when you are walking to the car.

Also i found out today , that my wing mirrors are heated ... This morning i forgot to de ice the wing mirrors and i was half way driving out of my town and noticed that all the ice has been melted off. 

Brilliant thread, I had no idea about most of these! 

I made a very embarrassing phone call to Toyota the other day when my passenger window wasn't working and they told me I had a window isolator button!

I knew about the self locking :p also ifyou dont switch your lights off after about 10 mins they switch off aswell

how to you set the self locking? its a great safety item and cant find anything in the handbook

how to you set the self locking? its a great safety item and cant find anything in the handbook

no need to set it on just locks itself if you leave your car. usually works if you unlock it and dont open doors or when youve just turned your engine off and get out and leave it

Ok have uprated my headlight bulbs to night breakers plus.

Just need to go out in dark and test them.

Davy

You will have to make a guide on how you have replaced them :) 

I still havent upgraded me as my dealer wont do them and honor the warranty etc etc 

Lustral- strange why dealer will not honour warranty as it osram bulbs that are in the car as standard as i found out yesterday and i am replacing them with osram bulbs.

Davy

I'm guessing the Osram are a certain spec in the car , and the nightbrakers are aftermarket. Yeah I will confront them again ... They insist on flogging me the Toyota optibrite ones , which I'm not sure if they are any good

Lustral- strange why dealer will not honour warranty as it osram bulbs that are in the car as standard as i found out yesterday and i am replacing them with osram bulbs.

Davy

Davy

Davy did u get around to do a guide on changing the bulbs ?

Just remembered this thread as I went for a country drive , single tracks etc etc and the lights are quite bad .. Had to use full beams and front fog lights to see better ..

Also the front lights on the Hybrid they seem to be a more crisper white ...

Cheers

Hi guys and gals.

I uprated my mk 3 yaris headlight bulbs to Ring Xenon Ultima 120% and wow what a difference. Even on low beam the light is whiter and gives a decent spread, and 

for just £20 which i thought was reasonable.

As for changing the bulbs, there isn't a lot of space to get your hands in.

Andy