Sign in to follow this  
Twisterboy

Electric Window Problem

Morning,

Just noticed this fault this morning my drivers electric Window seems to rub or judder on the way down when you open it.

Any ideas to what this may be as i am feared the window will just fall into the door or not come back up again.

Davy

Try putting the window all the way down, then spray some wd40 (silicone spray is ideal but wd40 will do, just greasy) down the rubber that the window runs in, then put it right up and see if it makes any diffrence.

Cheers mate will have to try that, could it be the case it was cold as it appears to have sort of resolved itself but will give that a try tomorrow.

Will feel like a bit of a tool if i took it to Toyota and they spray it with wd40!

Davy

We do drop glass seals a fair bit in work so you might be able to blag it under warrenty if a quick spray dont work. Ive heard that some cleaning products can damage the seal, if you wash the car every week kinda thing.

^ probable cause weather making the sill abit tight. Abit of lube in the right places should sort it.

That's what she said.

If you spray WD40 in it and then take it to Toyota they will be very mad. I took my car in for something totally unrelated and ended up getting a lecture from one of their fitters on how people are always spraying WD40 on everything and in some cases making things worse. I think he mentioned something about it voiding warranties in some cases and even causing a fire when someone sprayed it into the switch for the electric windows  :wtf2: