Sign in to follow this  
GeoffT

Hood Doesn'T Close Properly

Hi all

My Yaris S D4D Hood doesn't fully close. The locking mechanism works fine but there is an inch of give and the hood appears to be slightly open. It can be pushed down but any movement of the car will push the hood back up slightly. Downloaded the repair manual but can't figure it out.

What is the mechanism here and what part do I need?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

My Yaris S D4D Hood doesn't fully close. The locking mechanism works fine but there is an inch of give and the hood appears to be slightly open. It can be pushed down but any movement of the car will push the hood back up slightly. Downloaded the repair manual but can't figure it out.

What is the mechanism here and what part do I need?

Thanks in advance

lift up the bonnet about half way to open and let go, the hood is heavy enough that it locks into place when you effectively slam it, this is what i have to do with mine, its perfectly safe and doesnt damage anything

Thanks- I have tried that to no avail! The bonnet itself does lock (and has passed MOT) but there seems to be a secondary mechanism to keep it firmly in place.

Thanks- I have tried that to no avail! The bonnet itself does lock (and has passed MOT) but there seems to be a secondary mechanism to keep it firmly in place.

I'd say take the lock off, and check the bonnet lines up perfectly, light be something sticking in the mech then, have a look the second catch locks down

if you push down, does it feel like its going to go in?

Edited by Joe1337

Theres 2 rubber bits at each end of the bonnet to set the height and help with adjusting the latch and lineing up the bodywork. If yours is poking up abit, trying turning them anti-clockwise half a turn and try that?