Sign in to follow this  
turborat

Aircon Not As Cold Anymore?

Hi,

We have noticed recently that the aircon is not as cold as it has been so I went and got a refill kit but when I do the pressure measurement it says it's ok? What else can cause it to not be as cold anymore?

Thanks

TR

just turn it on and see if the fan comes in and the compressor spins, if that doesn't happen and you know theres gas in the system then you have a fault

I've lost my aircon now.  I was told I needed to pay £50 to get it regassed, but that might not solve the long term issue.  Anyone know of any guides to show where they might leak, so I can check before paying for the regassing?

Edited by Tony T Sport

I've lost my aircon now.  I was told I needed to pay £50 to get it regassed, but that might not solve the long term issue.  Anyone know of any guides to show where they might leak, so I can check before paying for the regassing?

Look at the aluminum tubing under the hood for rub points, where it may have rubbed through (often a broken or missing plastic holder will result in this happenning. If there are no signs of damage, the next mosty likely leak point is at the O-rings, which are located at each connection point of the tubing.

Without adding dye to the system, it is difficult to find leaks at the o-rings.