Sign in to follow this  
castielrocks

Faulty Clutch?

Hi all, I have just bought a 61 plate yaris sr 1.33. I had only driven it back from the dealer until today. It seems like the clutch is screwed!! It's sooooo high. It engages just as you come off of the peddle, and I'm not sure if its not slipping in 1st gear.It has only done 9500 miles from new. Is this just how the clutches are set? Or should I take the car back? I had a citroen C1 before this and had to replace a faulty clutch at 18k! Have there been any problems with the clutches on the yaris?

I have a 62 plate 1.33TR and have no complaints about it's clutch, or it's biting point, as both seem "normal" to me. I doubt whether the clutch is worn out after so few miles, so there's either a fault or its just a quirk of that particular car. Maybe you could get the dealer you bought the car from to check it out for you, as it'll still be under Toyota warranty until 2016. You'll also find that your Toyota is in an entirely different league with regard to build quality and reliability compared to your old Citroen. :good:

Hello, I've had the car a year now and it's just got "issues" some days it drives like a dream and other days it's like a different car!! Personally I think it's to do with things "resetting" when it's turned on and off. Initially it went back to Toyota three times and they can't find a problem. I did on one visit drive 2 other cars the same as mine 1 was smooth and lovely the other was jerky like mine, so it's not in my head lol they can't explain this anomaly. I think maybe the ecu is programmed slightly different, mines probably got a defeat device to keep emissions low lol.
I now just put up with it until my pcp runs out!! I do agree about build quality however and I love the touch n go system.