Sign in to follow this  
Yaris420

420's Beat Up Baby Type R

It is and doing things by process of elimination is a costly affair. Let me know if the shockers cure it for you. I'm 50 50 as to whether it's the shocks or the bushes. As you said it only happens above 30mph but it just sounds awful, I tense up every time I go over a bump lol. It's going in to a ford dealership I use to work at next week if shocks aren't the cause.

Yeah exactly it would be nice to just know what the problem is. It makes my car sound like a bag of nails haha. I'll get back to you when I've changed them.

I hope it's not the shocks dude. :(
I honestly never had a knock out of them apart from when the nut holding them to the axel loosened a tiny bit.
Once nipped up never had another issue.
No leaks or anything either

So the adjuster rings have gone on the rear and it's still knocking :( old shocks going back in to see if the knock stops, if it does anyone got any idea how much bc br rear shocks cost? I'm expecting £300 at least. If the knocking persists then it ha to be the axle bushes.

Power flow centre section going in on Thursday next week. Can't wait for that! After this gets done it's all about detailing.

I bought some brand new bc rear shocks was just short of 200 for just the shocks or just short of 300 if u need the adjuster rings and bottom cups that hold the shock to the car.
Checked the axle bushes? Mine was fucked

The shocks looked fine dave and to be honest the symptoms I have swing more towards the axle bushes which will be originals and the car has done 96k and to suddenly drop it as dramatically as I have may have took them over the edge. Fingers crossed it's them, Edd what miles ha yours done before you replaced them?

Headlights finally done-ish.
Before:
E33A27FF-CCB9-49A5-9668-B10AC9B5CAF0_zps

After:
0728B8AD-5316-45D3-B522-0097F088045A_zps

Mine had done over 200k and didnt look the best but was holding out fine then upgraded when i swapped to the tsport rear axle
Also when i put my bc shocks on make sure the adjuster rings are tight as i had a knocking from them coming loose

Bit of progress on this today, took car to my old dealership who looked underneath. The axle bushes are fine so they are ruled out. The shockers are fine (apart from front right which appears to be leaking, may just be wd40). Mechanically the rear suspension components are fine. Concluded that with the knock only occurring on short sharp bumps like sunk drains and potholes that the knock is the shocker reaching it's max 'travel' distance.

This leads me to question the purpose of the adjuster ring Edd mentioned above. What does it do and which way do I turn it to, in effect, extend the shocker? Edited by Yaris420

just make sure both of the rings are tight its to adjust shock travel. my car knocks over really big bumps. think its just hitting the bump stops

That must be it because the shocks are fine (I think I might have popped one on the front like, roads in Newcastle are appalling).

More progress over the weekend, sadly I didn't manage to paint the callipers as the weather was to sketchy. New brakes on and the service brake is superb. The handbrake however is pathetic.

18A1E875-7B41-47D2-ACB3-C4EAC94C9997_zps

6CC1A21A-D11A-4299-94A1-B0DB7261FAA8_zps

Nice, what pads did you go for?

I need to paint my calipers again :( I think I cooked them at Blyton Park, as the Hammerite all bubbled and peeled off.
(The brakes performed brilliantly though, so I'm glad I opted for the yellowstuff pads and 5.1 DOT fluid :D )

Have to wait for better weather :(

Green stuff pads and dot 4 fluid. Does the job for normal/fast road use. Wouldn't put it on a track though.

New Cree sidelight bulbs!

Before:
DCB65A3D-0318-413C-8A13-AF1ABCF4F4D7_zps

After:
90A4947D-725B-4DE4-8D4D-B26198AE210C_zps

Pictures don't do them justice really, they are superb. Hopefully they last but look a lot better than dim standard sidelight bulbs.

Castrol edge oil and filter. Gear box oil changed also. Iridium spark plugs fitted today.
MOT at end of month.

Next weekend should hopefully be the one to get the rear arb on and the induction kit. Brake stopper also needs to be put on.

Induction kit on. Can't tell if it's made any difference to the performance, seems slower if anything but it could all just be in my head.
7806C17D-77A4-4F9A-BD3F-093877C4F47F_zps

Any info on remaps? Is it something worth doing?

Did you reset the ECU after you fitted it in dude?

sometimes its good to disconnect the battery for 15 mins when you've changed something to let the ecu reset and learn the new set-up. other wise it will take a fair few hours of running before it works out whats going on... until it does it can sometimes use loads of fuel and run a little strange. Anyway try it and see how you go, looks good in there though! :)

Ecu adapted to it in the end col but I've took it back off the car and it's up for sale. Personal circumstances have changed again and modding the Yaris has dropped further down my list of priorities... Again, getting older isn't fun.

Anyway, it's up for sale cus I need some money to do the bodywork and that will be it for the foreseeable future :(
Here are the bulbs: http://www.amazon.co...-CXL&ref=plSrch

Not much going on lately, still managed to get the brake stopper on and had the nsr quater panel pained to get rid of the laquer flake. Not the best colour match but looks better for sure.
CBE3CADE-CC78-4DC5-AC7E-3938DC6B0AD5_zps
95FA7E0E-8630-4FAC-852A-C7448769064E_zps

Callipers painted and rear drums.
B9CE707F-30EB-4D10-B660-8F23B05C060A_zps
16835C13-76E0-4E80-95AF-890A86566C41_zps

Any ideas how close these rear drop link bushes are suppose to be together for the rear arb?
5E886B04-E3BC-47F4-899F-A0979A2F0642_zps