Sign in to follow this  
R6TH M

20k service?

Cant remember off top of my head, theres a brake down in your service booklet in the manual.

Where you planing on taking the car, Mr T or an independent garage? I had mine done at Nationwide, i don't use our local toyota for much, and the local place i used to use burnt down :( anyways... to give you an idea their full service is £150 at toyota your talking into the £200s

For a 20k I think we charge about £180 IIRC.

That consists of a full brake strip down and clean, and an oil and filter change, just take it to a reputable independant garage.

Like Blue I also got quoted extortionately - £250 from my main dealer!

I then went 100 yards down the road to a Nissan dealer, who is also a Toyota approved servicing centre and got it done at a £100 discount to my quote from Toyota...

If you search on the Toyota website, it will show you both Toyota dealerships and Toyota approved servicing centres. And even though they were Nissan the service I got was great - I highly recommend you doing a search on the Toyota website! :wink:

jeez a little higher than i expected. I guess i might try the toyota garage where i bought the car, they are an approved toyota garage but not a dealer or somethin silly... They done my first service for less than £80 and the 20k service on the corolla t sport for about £90 !

£250 is stupid and ill not be payin that :oops:

Soon as you're out of warranty do it yourself.

TRD or PE filter, and Millers 10w40 - an hour of your life

a problem for some as they will no longer have fsh.
also do the air filter, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc not need changing occassionally?

Fair play - with 115k on the clock its not a huge issue for me.

Ok - oil and filter every 5k for me. I have an induction system so a quick hoover covers that.

Brake and gbox oil every year. Coolant again once a year ... unless you use evans.

Im not saying this is for everyone... but aslong as you use good parts and get receipts?

same here, mine (103k) didnt come with any service history.

yea, that would work. the receipts would kinda be like a service history (in that they would show youd serviced it regularly).

Just been pricing a service, country garage where i bought the car new = £120, main dealers in belfast = £196 lol