Sign in to follow this  
Colv.

Colv's Colour Collection

So, bout time I started a project thread because today (8/4/15) a big leap forward has been taken compared to the last several months

First off
Yaris colour collection 5 door
1.3, 03 reg, ph1 in caribbean blue (I think?)

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/Colv/media/7da4fb36-0c3d-4d1e-a195-c4ed5ba4df83.jpg.html]7da4fb36-0c3d-4d1e-a195-c4ed5ba4df83.jpg[/URL]

Bought my Yaris in may 2014, affectionately named her The Slut (as she's a lot of fun, and cheap compared to my last car, V6 Omega) and initial progress was decent for the first couple of months
Heko wind deflectors bought and fitted
OMP front and rear strut braces bought and fitted
Blitz panel filter bought and installed
LED sidelights bought and installed
Osram Nightbreakers bought and installed
LED interior festoon bulb, bought fitted
Colour coded electric mirrors
Also a cat back powerflow exhaust as it needed replaced anyway and I fecked about a bit with the side repeaters and frankenstiened mk2 mondeo lenses on
BBD74E16-B913-4A10-B33B-30367C4B8B9B.jpg
72F946A0-25F2-4383-92DD-BE632AD0903D.jpg

I also early on bought a T Sport rear spoiler and side skirts which still need sprayed
I've since recently got a T Sport rear bumper already in the right blue but with a couple of scratches to sort, nothing major

The slow progress is with my early on obtained Tein lowering springs and energy suspension poly drop links, and recently enough purchased 'rare as rocking horse shit' Whiteline rear ARB (cheers muchly Josh!!) but never got around to fitting them...

...until today!
Me and my bro got stuck in on his driveway and fitted the springs, poly bushes and ARB in a one-er
And oh my fecking god in heaven what an amazing difference in handling!!!!
It just so happens it's basically 'back roads' between my bros place and mine so the drive home was superb, Absolutely loving it! :jump:
I regret not gettin the finger oot sooner!
rear arch gap before5076167F-CBF9-415A-83C2-158B54FA06E9.jpg

rear arch gap now6B7777ED-7C87-431F-ACAE-2A4B1D14FE65.jpg

Only thing now is, since that's it pretty much it sorted handling wise (for a while at least) I'm left with pretty much just cosmetics to do
First need to get a ph1 T Sport front bumber then get all the bits together, sprayed and fitted, fancy getting the windows tinted and obviously a nice set of rims and tyres.
But thats going to take money that, as currently the only earner in the house, is going to take a while unfortunately

Just aswell I can't see how she looks while i'm inside lovin the new found handling, that'll hold me over!

Edited by Colv.

Cheers fellas
Yeah it's a crackin colour when it's all polished/waxed Callum, and I much prefer it to the ph2 blue which the Mrs has (and she finally admitted so does she lol)

Ahh cheers L333, I thought but wasn't sure, some tables of colour codes say different things
Yeah I suppose, looking at the list up there, decent bit done now, only took a year lol

Oh, first MOT in my ownership last week too, both front wheel bearings and the ugliest cunting weld on n/s/f strut tower
Shameless fucks got some primer spray on the strut brace too
Ach, not staying angry though, she was never stunning under the bonnet

£265, including a 'MOT for £10' voucher (which I swindled using twice LOL got the price over the phone £295, mentioned the voucher, £15 discounted so £280 was written down, then when I went in to pay for it, obviously someone else taking the money, pulls out the voucher 'oh, that's £265 with the voucher Mr Colvin'
Why thank you lol Edited by Colv.

The ugliest weld I've ever seen
Courtesy of D&G Autocare, Whitburn, West Lothian
361D6E15-E5E4-4F30-8B08-5B6A64EB1CCE.jpg

Fuck it, I'm gonna go all out and make the entire engine bay rat style, may as fecking well eh lol Edited by Colv.

The weld was about £60, pretty much the going rate for a weld like that

But yeah they could've done a much fecking neater job of it

And the 'patch' is easily 5 times bigger than it needs to be!

But like I said in a previous post I'm just gonna all out rat under the bonnet, 

Under Bonn-rat, is that a word?

It is now!

when life hands you lemons...

(throw them at stupid dicks with welders)

Yeah I saw that, looked well done iirc
I don't fancy the whole car like that but at least under my bonnet is halfway there already lol

I didn't really have a plan for the bay if I'm honest, certainly didn't plan the garage doing that to the strut tower lol, either just leave it 'au naturale' or go all OCD cleaning it (every now and then anyway haha)
But yeah I think now make it nice to the eye on the outside and then the 'holy crap what happened under the bonnet' will be pretty cool

I'd lost this, thought it was gone never to return
Found it yesterday, on it goes!
3C6E9372-F701-4EAF-AFD5-805DB8EA276F.jpg
Heko wind deflectors
OMP front and rear strut braces
Blitz panel filter
LED sidelights
Osram Nightbreakers bulbs
LED interior festoon bulb
Colour coded electric mirrors
Also a cat back powerflow exhaust as it needed replaced anyway
Fecked about a bit with the side repeaters and frankenstiened mk2 mondeo lenses on
Pioneer TS-G1021i's in the dash
Vibe speakers in the front doors
Tein lowering springs
Energysuspension poly drop links
Whiteline rear ARB

YARIS CLUB UK STICKER! Edited by Colv.

Shiny new discs and pads, just got standard PAGID efforts, I don't brake a lot  :shifty: lol

How much of an effing pain in the hoop are those calliper carrier bracket bolts though!  :wtf2:  

Haynes manual says they should be on with 88Nm of tourque - my 515 Nm air wrench couldn't even trouble them, I half thought the douchemonkeys were welded in   :|

When you find yourself talking out loud, in an angry tone, it sinks in this 'easy job' isn't going to plan

Then you find yourself giving it some 'sweet talk and promises' in the hopes of encouraging it to move.

The next stage is to swear at it

Then threaten it with anything to hand

And the final stage :-  

You realise you're talking to a fecking bolt

in the fecking rain

the knees of your trousers soaked through

You decide to 'call it a night'

and in an effort to dis-associate that bolt from being part of the car that you love, you refer to you car as 'her' and the bolt as 'that threaded prick some idiot put in her'

LOL

Edited by Colv.

I've finally acquired T Sport seats!

They were in a crashed TPot that had been sitting a month or two with a slightly open window - thus a bit mould managed to grow

FA029741-3F18-4D5D-9C98-9099A6AFC173.jpg

32CE1B13-3940-427E-AC9A-107A31EC16D8.jpg

But a good bit scrubbing with Turtle Wax Interior 1 and a steam cleaner sorted that - quite happy with how they are now

95FD9C90-8EBB-4544-8430-DC7AA73FB28F.jpg

1E7AAC91-FD7B-417B-A71E-EE4A63711FA1.jpg

Also got 4 T Sport alloys with 3 good tyres

Only 1 of em has got a very mild parking scrape, and there's a wee bit age related bubbling

I'm gonna refurb them and paint em white

And a T Sport gear knob, still looking good. feels so much better to change gear with than my original one

Happy days  :thumbsu:

Edited by Colv.

Never wanted to get seats from a scrapy because of mold but this proves that you can clean them up! It should be starting to all come together! Nice work man!

Cheers Bradlz - I've got 9 days off, I'm gonna spend all of it doing wee bits to The Slut so it really should start coming together in the next week alone!

Well, I've went and done it, I've bit the bullet and just ordered the T Sport front bumper from Toyota
I've had the rest of the ph1 T Sport kit sitting in a spare room for aaaaaages and I'm sure we're all aware that getting hold of the front bumper from one being stripped is purely a case of hearing about it first - so feck it, there's £114 Mr Toyota, you take that and I'll take this nicely shaped bit of plastic, ta

There's a body shop along the road from me called Hot Wheelz - note the spelling change for copyright purposes, but they've totally ripped off the red strip of flame symbol lol
I'm gonna go along today and get a quote from them to spray the front bumper, skirts and spoiler (managed to get the rear bumper the right colour) - and sort a couple of wee rust bits and see how big a number they give me... Edited by Colv.

So looks like that Hot Wheelz place has shut down since I was last in that industrial estate...

Nevermind, I found promising good reviews for a bodyshop called Protek in Bathgate which isn't too far away from me, I'll pop in today...

What I did do yesterday is ordered a bit of nice black carpet to re-do the floor, should arrive in about a week. £23 odds for a bit big enough, not bad

Fabric spray to do the headlining black

a Plastidip rip-off for the pillar platics and other grey bits

a couple of LED strips for footwell lighting which I'll wire in to work with that stupidly placed ceiling light lol 

and my T Sport front bumper should/better arrive to pick up from Toyota today

Hopefully I'll get a wee bit of progress going again :)

Edited by Colv.

So here's a wee glimpse of what 'the spare/junk/car parts room' looks like right now LOL

T Sport seats

T Sport brand new Front Bumper

T Sport rear bumper

T Sport side skirts

AND T Sport alloys in the garden 

Should really have waited and just bought a T Sport LOL (but I wuv my wee colour collection really)

1DD04BED-F3A4-4B09-9A48-8F7C67BDB591.jpg

69F6A813-6CD8-4B05-AA77-2E88C79F8194.jpg

924DBE55-9CD8-47DF-AAF4-EC20C17ED226.jpg

E910F407-167D-49E1-9E42-DE42584FD590.jpg

I've been quoted £330 to spray the bodykit, that sound about right folks???

meanwhile...

Right, bugger it, let's have a go at these A pillar plastics...

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/Colv/media/8C3F6F6D-90F7-466F-AB99-A5CA09500C79.jpg.html]8C3F6F6D-90F7-466F-AB99-A5CA09500C79.jpg[/URL][URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/Colv/media/6CBDCAD7-D7E1-42CE-89C2-44480E16AAF1.jpg.html]6CBDCAD7-D7E1-42CE-89C2-44480E16AAF1.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Colv.

I'm 'interested' to see how it all turns out myself L333 LOL

I'll get the B and C pillars and 'jesus handles' out today, get them done.

I might maybe do the dash speaker mesh bit to 'bring the A pillars into the dash' and then the light grey bit on the door cards if I'm feeling fruity lol

I'm thinking of leaving the interior light and sun visors oem as a contrast

I'm not sure how easily the roof lining comes out, I've fabric spray for that... :?:

I've also got a front ceiling light 'solution' that is either "a real nice touch" or a "wtf was I thinking" effort where map lights are in a ph2

6 coats and left them to dry overnight

iPhone camera doesn't do them justice to how 'like they were made that colour' they look - I'm right chuffed with how well they turned out

In these pics they look bobbly and gritty to touch but I assure you they look and feel exactly like they do oem, just black

B3AB585F-1B72-4BDD-9DA9-C7E00119F34A.jpgD66E65D7-2C6E-4484-8EBD-FEFA0D6F242D.jpg

Edited by Colv.

That's the rest of the pillars done

A6D68640-B927-4206-9733-66262898F8E9.jpgA7A29C8C-70AF-4017-845B-282D793BA570.jpg

The roof lining hasn't gone so well, I've used 4 cans of fabric spray and it's just not getting good coverage, it would clearly take another fecking 10 probably - and at £8.50 a pop, feck that...

I'm just going to re-cover it

What I should've done in the first place, ordered some of the black from Matrim.co.uk

comes off a 1.6 metre roll @ £12 per metre length

1.6m is so very nearly long enough front to back, and a 1m length is not a kick in the ass off wide enough

But if you're going to do it properly you need the 1.6m for width and 2m for length, so £24 for the material and £12 p&p - £36 all in

http://www.martrim.co.uk/catalogue/nylon-headlining.html

Just a bit of a pain I've already spent just over that on fabric spray which didn't work anywhere near well enough - lesson learned

Edited by Colv.

They really have came out impressively well!
I thought it would end up just flat and patternless but it's kept the original look and feel - and it's on thick enough
I've also tried scratching some off (on a bit that doesn't show when fitted) it took a bit more effort than like an accidental swipe would achieve - but even if I do scratch it, it's really not APITA to remove and re spray
I bought the stuff from halfrauds, £9.99 a can, best getting 2, I assume it's not just my local halfords that stock it...
There's a pic of the can a few posts up

The roof lining stuff should arrive today so I'll get that glued on and get it all back together 2mo
I'm unashamedly excited LOL Edited by Colv.