Sign in to follow this  
Colv.

Colv's Colour Collection

Fabric spraying the roof lining didn't go too well :|
7C3B6FAB-7764-4C77-922A-5B589CC22D53.jpg
And this is it with light on it :'(

74BF01DC-4DCB-401F-BE94-90EA0B729CD2.jpg

Re-covering it didn't go ummmm "smoothly" either :(
Well, it wasn't a disaster or anything, I was taking proper care over it but the creases were under me as I was leaning over so I didn't see them til it was too late to sort them - Still, not a complete ass of a first ever attempt I suppose
B21B5469-87C1-4187-8314-B4E36161889A.jpg

eventually I'm going to get another roof lining out a scrapper and try it again though
I put it all in anyway
976361FD-BEA7-4159-B95C-BDAFC92375A6.jpg49B83E45-610E-4781-93F5-DAB0E1424C10.jpg

I've been assured by a friend that my front interior light solution is, and I quote, "GAY!!!" LOLOL
9D8E3EC6-3063-409D-98DD-C30CE8243996.jpg

Also, no T Sport seat install yet due to crap french engineering
7B303A85-15A0-4143-A9E9-40BEB38C8A78.jpg

And I've got figuring out how to fit the T Sport rear seat into a French build to look forward to as well
and I WILL find a way!!!! Edited by Colv.

Wow this is coming along nice man,same colour as mine an all,i was going to paint my TS alloys white at one stage but then decided to go with a custom colour,but this is getting better by the day! also under the bonnet have you thought about maybe neatening it all up ? or maybe sticker bomb the whole bay? it'l cover up that tacky weld if anything :p p.s if your looking for some t sport headlights and a bonnet grill give me a shout i may have them up for sale as iv just converted my ph1 to a ph2

Cheers Rehan

Im lovin the white wheels, but keeping them clean is a pain in the ass lol

I can't put my finger on why, and I've only seen a couple of pictures of one - but I think our blue with a ph2 T Sport kit looks fucking lovely!

If I didn't already have the whole ph1 kit I'd be going for the ph2 kit, wish I'd considered that from the start lol but hey maybe one day

Progress has been hampered A)by those front seat bolts that go into the centre tunnel - unbelievably *several strong swear words* stubborn, passenger side one snapped an easy-out and a drill bit last weekend! and B)my pooch has buggered his right hind leg that requires operating on so that's hit the funds a bit too

I might do something under the bonnet eventually, never really planned on anything cosmetic wise but that welding at least decided a direction to go if I do lol I'm not much of a fan on stickerbombing - but my brain has just this second started wondering what a bit of plasti-dipping could do under there, few colours to use too, wonder if it would last under there? hmmm...

I'm going to make sure I get the T Sport kit sprayed and on asap - that's definitely definitely definitely top of the list

Also figuring out the french to Jap wiring to fit the LED tailights!, picked up the LED 3rd brake light from Toyota yesterday too - so I guess those are joint top of the list lol

I've got a T Sport grill already, but cheers

I do want the black lining in the headlights - but the french headlights are crap to take apart, and T Sport ones would require yet more french to Jap wiring conversion. A small voice in the back of my head occasionally says 'morrettes' but ah, I just don't know yet

Edited by Colv.

Cheers Rehan

Im lovin the white wheels, but keeping them clean is a pain in the ass lol

I can't put my finger on why, and I've only seen a couple of pictures of one - but I think our blue with a ph2 T Sport kit looks fucking lovely!

If I didn't already have the whole ph1 kit I'd be going for the ph2 kit, wish I'd considered that from the start lol but hey maybe one day

Progress has been hampered A)by those front seat bolts that go into the centre tunnel - unbelievably *several strong swear words* stubborn, passenger side one snapped an easy-out and a drill bit last weekend! and B)my pooch has buggered his right hind leg that requires operating on so that's hit the funds a bit too

I might do something under the bonnet eventually, never really planned on anything cosmetic wise but that welding at least decided a direction to go if I do lol I'm not much of a fan on stickerbombing - but my brain has just this second started wondering what a bit of plasti-dipping could do under there, few colours to use too, wonder if it would last under there? hmmm...

I'm going to make sure I get the T Sport kit sprayed and on asap - that's definitely definitely definitely top of the list

Also figuring out the french to Jap wiring to fit the LED tailights!, picked up the LED 3rd brake light from Toyota yesterday too - so I guess those are joint top of the list lol

I've got a T Sport grill already, but cheers

I do want the black lining in the headlights - but the french headlights are crap to take apart, and T Sport ones would require yet more french to Jap wiring conversion. A small voice in the back of my head occasionally says 'morrettes' but ah, I just don't know yet

yeah i couldnt agree more,the carrabean blue would look better in a ph2 spec hence why iv pulled out my finger and doing a complete p1 to p2 swap,i just need to get the paint on to mine as iv primered them already,if only i knew you were doing a TS conversion i only recently sold my front and rear bumper which were in carabean blue (would have been ideal for you)

how much more differant could the wiring be? i mean worst case scenario isnt it just cut two wires and join the plugs from a t sport? iv not seen the french ones so cant really say anything i didnt think out of all things that light plugs would differant haha either way i mean if i can help with wiring or getting hold of plugs etc give me a shout as there might be a ph1 t sport breaking near me soon i could always go and cut the head light plugs and holders off if needed

led rear lights you say? thats something iv got an eye out for too for mines i think it'l finish the rear off nicely along with a custom made spoiler that im planning as we speak (nightmare!)

plastidip paint under the bonnet? im not too sure but if it works it could be good but imo i dont think it'l be able to withstand the high temperatures in the bay,but its worth a try maybe paint a small patch first if it last then you could go ahead and do the lot if not then just peel it away

For under bonnrat, it doesn't have to withstand it well LOL

BUGGER! I ended up buying a new front bumper from Toyota!!
Got the rear and the spoiler in our blue though

I've got Jap plugs for the tailights, but the wiring isn't the same colour from French to jap so need to have another go with a multimeter to figure out what is what

Ladies and gentlemen
Jap LED tail lights wired into a French build
97FB0800-7294-43FC-9187-22FED225CF57.jpg
Also with LED 3rd brake light
AND LED sequential indicators
(That aren't sequentioning properly - new word, sequentioning, because 'sequencing' sounds a bit too 'childs competitive dancing' - or maybe vajazzle lol)
Once I figured out which colour wire did what in both French and Jap lights I decided it would be better to find a way to connect the Jap taillights to the French plug than to start cutting and splicing my cars wires
Discovered the perfect sized male spades, job done
520296CB-5E52-4CB1-BF9F-3581B7E5BDD3.jpg
522585F0-1764-41B6-A8B7-608553198A78.jpg Edited by Colv.

Had The Slut in for a professional valet to freshen her up a bit (in preparation for freshly painted bumpers...)
My mate Mark runs Proper Auto Detailing
https://www.facebook.com/properautodetailinguk/
And what a job he did
37C244FF-C64C-4537-98C0-A04E06670605.jpg
462EBA20-50AE-4E14-B587-15B4EA4ADCE3.jpg
5E7493F2-78D3-47F6-A840-CAA2CE8DFAB8.jpg
AEF11DAF-5CC7-4EEE-807F-F17CB26D82A4.jpg
Also a new set of reg plates
3D gel lettering
and the Yaris Club UK web address
Sweet
4AD6106B-0FBD-4BBC-A8AD-BBA63E2073F7.jpg

Now
The T Sport bumper upgrade idea took a violent swerve at the last minute

From ph1 T Sport to ph2 T Sport!!!
5230D618-CC12-4EBE-B740-70594ECCF676.jpg
D0470DFE-8432-404E-9A16-C0551B1FD165.jpg

The phase 2 front end is so much better than the ph1 isn't it?! I've done the same to mine.

Are they different rear lights or have you just tinted them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't too keen on the ph2 look at first, but there's just something about it in this colour I like lol
They're vitz LEDs that I've fitted sequential indicators to, no tint or anything

I wasn't too keen on the ph2 look at first, but there's just something about it in this colour I like lol
They're vitz LEDs that I've fitted sequential indicators to, no tint or anything

Where did you manage to get the vitz LEDs from? I've only ever seen a couple up for sale

is it an easy instalol to replace bumpers? was considering it for my ph2 1.0l as love the ph2 tsport bumpers :p

hows the tein springs handling? i need to buy some lowered springs as arches are wayyyy to big ahaha!

Where did you manage to get the vitz LEDs from? I've only ever seen a couple up for sale

Just have to 'happen to see them first' on the forum mate, or you can buy them from some Japanese version of eBay

is it an easy instalol to replace bumpers? was considering it for my ph2 1.0l as love the ph2 tsport bumpers :p

hows the tein springs handling? i need to buy some lowered springs as arches are wayyyy to big ahaha!

Yeah, a few bolts is all it is, real easy, the fiddly bit is wiring in the fog lights and the rear number plate lights - there's 2 number plate lights on the TS, and one on non TS

I can vouch for teins, never had any problems with them, not uncomfortable at all, and the leave a Yaris sitting at a height it looks like it should have always been - also highly recommend getting poly bush drop links too
Together that'll result in a good handling improvement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ALD8TK?me=&ref=olp_product_details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Colv.

Word of warning on the teins; mine are now about 5 years old and have started sagging...

5 years on a set of springs which are £125 isnt exactly bad in my books xD

Just have to 'happen to see them first' on the forum mate, or you can buy them from some Japanese version of eBay

Yeah, a few bolts is all it is, real easy, the fiddly bit is wiring in the fog lights and the rear number plate lights - there's 2 number plate lights on the TS, and one on non TS

I can vouch for teins, never had any problems with them, not uncomfortable at all, and the leave a Yaris sitting at a height it looks like it should have always been - also highly recommend getting poly bush drop links too
Together that'll result in a good handling improvement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ALD8TK?me=&ref=olp_product_details

what do the bush links do? and how do you go about installing? sorry, new to this stuff ahaha :)

There's a poly bush thread on here, I think from memory has a good insight into the working of it
Search poly drop link 👍