Sign in to follow this  
blacktoprs200

T Sport 124K What Oil And Plugs To Use??

Hi Im looking to service my 2002 t sport and just wondering what oil should i be using as the mileage is 124k. I only bought it a week ago and previous owner was using 5w30 but ive been reading on this forum that some folks suggest 10w40. I dont mind spending extra as long as im buying the right thing. What oil and what brand? mobil1 or castrol ect? and what plugs to use and where to buy? thanks in advance 

I'm about the same mileage as you running Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40, it's a slightly thinner oil when cold which was a choice I made after a long discussion with Oilman from Opies who are great by the way. Incidentally I have also run 5w-30 and 10w-40 both as Castrol and Mobil, I didn't go much on the Mobil but the Castrol is ok. If you need a hand speak the team at Opies or PM Oilman if he is still about. I believe they also sell the rest of the parts for the service.

Recently had to buy 2 service packs for my T Sports from Toyota, after telling them the mileage the head honcho in the workshop suggested these for each one.

121k - 10w40
71k - 5w30

Spark plugs were the same for both !

Thanks for the replys. only had it a couple weeks and already done 500 miles, kept an eye on il and its not used much but oil looked slightly old and i know the car is running abit rough as my prev yaris t sport was considerably faster than this. so ive booked it for service next week as my corolla is in for brake discs and pads atm