Sign in to follow this  
Dan_RKV

London / London Area Meets

Hi all - Starting a thread for London / near London based members to organise and share info about meets!

Known London area member list:

- Dan_RKV
- Ray0241
- Legend-ary

As a selfish request, if anyone nearby mechanically minded would be willing to help me to change my discs, pads and brake fluid I can offer beer and/or cash (and excellent conversation of course) in return - really want to learn some basic car maintenance but terrified of fucking the whole thing up! 😱

:innocent:  I wish I knew any of these jobs.

Might not be the answer you are looking for but I have contacts of a mobile mechanic who charges £30 call charges + £30 per hour for labour. He quoted £60 to change rear brakes for me + exhaust but in the end I went to this workshop in Walthamstow area who cleaned my rear drums + fixed the exhaust leak (was leaking from joint and needed a gasket) + oil, spark plugs etc for £75 (all parts except oil excluding).

yes im cheap! :D thankyou. 

- Dan_RKV
- Ray0241
- Legend-ary
- YaroJan

Would be good to do a meet in London for once, I've never been to a Yaris meet as they're always so far away. I'm in West London.

I did my own front discs but I've never done rears as my car has drums but I did do a full brake fluid bleed at all 4 corners plus the clutch. If you're doing it, might as well do the clutch at the end.

I intend to change my rear shock absorbers soon as one of them is leaking badly. Already have sourced some replacements off a guy who was breaking his plus need to change the bottom part of rear bumper. 

But yeah, we should definitely meet up somewhere soon! (not this weekend as im going out of the city)

wow!

after a long time I decide to go out of London for the weekend and this happens!

good news is Charlton car park is less than a mile from my place to I can probably catch the finish :) 

sad news! 

Me, Mrs & Yaris went from London to Derby to Huddersfield over the weekend. While I was in Huddersfield, due to turn of events I ended up p/x my Yaris and returned back to London in a Honda Jazz! 

It makes me sad to have parted ways with my Yaris but a few things were asking for attention in a short while and this Jazz was a bit too good to miss. Was planning to switch to a 5 door Yaris anyways 3 doors was a bit impractical. The deal was too good to miss considering Jazz has full service history + has done 90,000 miles as compared to my Yaris which had crossed 141,000 miles.

*hangs his head in shame* now what? i even have a few bits and pieces of Yaris lying about that I had intended to fit but never got a chance :(

haha I don't think you will need the parts I have as yours is a well setup car. mine was a tatty one so the parts were mostly bought to 'fix' it. 

I guess I am not allowed to list them as I am not a paid member so I won't break the rules.. 

Admin can you please confirm? I have some used/new stuff on me which I no longer need as I have sold my car. Someone who is trying to fix theirs might find them useful so what do I do? Pay the membership fees and then post the list?

Just saw your build thread and my God.. what a car! 
simply amazing!! 

Do I want to look and will i become jealous?

I'm on the East side of London, will be selling the Yaris soon (up for sal at the moment) - but always up for bringing the CRX out for a drive.