Sign in to follow this  
Toastie

Toyota Yaris 09 Reg P2112 - Throttle Body Replacement Help

Hey all,

I've got a Toyota Yaris 2009 TR 1.33 Model Petrol. Engine amber light recently, so I had it checked at Toyota Vantage Birmingham UK. They checked it, and the code came back with; P2112 - Throttle Actuator Struck and closed. Carried out active test, advise replacement of throttle body.

They quoted me £1050 including labour. I'm not happy paying that price. I had a look around online and have been advised that the throttle body for my car is 22030-47010. I have a friend who owns a garage who could fit it in.  If I want to drive the car for another 2-3years, would it be okay looking for a used one? New is around 600 I think. My friend can get a recondition for £400 (life time warranty) or he could get me one for around £70+ and get it all done in total £150.

Make/Model Yaris TR 5dr 1.33M 2009
Red Date 27/03/2009
Chassis VNKKH96390A024404
Engine 1NQ-0023890
The throttle body for my car is 22030-47010

Thank you

Did they try cleaning it or just advise you to replace? Never head of having to replace the entire throttle body before!

Did they try cleaning it or just advise you to replace? Never head of having to replace the entire throttle body before!

I'm not sure what they did, but it's toyota so I thought they would do their job properly. They just said its stuck and air or something can't go through, so need to replace it