Sign in to follow this  
Yo786

Corrosion

Hello i am new here. Just bought my wife an sr. We hve owned lots in our family so we know them well. However this concerned me as on the previous mot it states how basically the whole underside of the car is corroded. Now is this expensive fix? Is it dangerous to just leave it as an advisory? Any replies will be appreciated as the mot is due in december and also has fuel pipes corroded and brake lines.
We are based near stoke on trent.
Thanks

To be honest i don't know.. but I'm interested if you find anything out... do you know a local mechanic friend? if not maybe this article on the martin lewis website will be of use

google martin lewis cheap MOT

they may give you some free advice  if you have a local centre 

Normally if its an advisory its probably not to serious. I had this come up on mine and I just got some waxyoil and sprayed all the underneath of the car to prevent it any further corrosion. Not had it come up since. 

Your fuel pipes and brake lines, probably best get them sorted when you can but again its only an advisory. I once had the same advisory pop up for some bushes for nearly 3 years until I got them done. :P

Normally if its an advisory its probably not to serious. I had this come up on mine and I just got some waxyoil and sprayed all the underneath of the car to prevent it any further corrosion. Not had it come up since. 

Your fuel pipes and brake lines, probably best get them sorted when you can but again its only an advisory. I once had the same advisory pop up for some bushes for nearly 3 years until I got them done. :p

Hate to be a bummer but did you only paint over it? 

You have to remove it first or it will keep on going underneath it. 

I just used a wire wheel.

I'm saying this because I watched a video yesterday of a pug that was just held together with underseal. Like the guy was just pulling the metal out from underneath it

Waxyoil isn't paint. It's just a wax spray which stops and prevents further rusting. It's more designed for surface rust.
Yeah its always better removing the rust and protecting it.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk