Sign in to follow this  
LoneBear

Need Some Info On Front Reinforcement Bar

hey all

i got my car a few months ago ready for when i get my licence, when i got the car the last owner stated that it had a small knock on the front. after washing it today i checked the front reinforcement bar and its bent, so i asked a mechanic mate to have a look and he said it'll fail the MOT and it needs to be replaced.

so my question is will this F.R.B fit my car, yaris 1.0 16v SCP10 VVTI?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Toyota-1-0i-Yaris-T2-Front-Bumper-Reinforcement-Bar-1304155-/351640789848?hash=item51df6ca358:g:j6wAAOSwpzdWqh8M

i dont no what other info you need so please tell me if i need the give you more.

thanks for any advice 

Yes it will fit.  You cannot see the reinforcement bar unless you remove the bumper cover, so how did you see it was bent on your car?  For the same reason, i cannot see how it can be a MOT fail - the MOT inspector cannot remove any parts of the car to do the inspection.  On the other hand, if the plastic bumper cover is damaged / torn, then that will be a MOT fail, although covering the tear / hole with duct tape allows a pass!

thanks for the info and you can see it, i popped the bonnet open and you can see it just in front of the radiator without removing anything. granted the bumper is fitting smooth but its not far off. ill take a pic tomorrow and you can see for yourself.

its folded in on its self and has a small crack at the top with a bit of rush and there seems to be a sensor hanging just in front of witch i don't no where it go to yet. but i will find out.

thanks again

[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Koop34/media/20160907_164340_zpss7fckdeg.jpg.html]20160907_164340_zpss7fckdeg.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Koop34/media/20160907_1643321_zpsji4cmst2.jpg.html]20160907_1643321_zpsji4cmst2.jpg[/URL]

That whole front end looks like it has had a bad smash, and been very badly (half) repaired.  It looks like the whole under tray is missing, as well as the support for the hood lock / front bumper cover that runs between the upper and lower radiator supports.  if I were you, I would get the car very carefully checked over :-(.  The only reason why you can see the bumper reinforcement is because of how badly it is bent in in the middle.

would you believe that the last owner was parking the car and hit a parking pole or stopper or what ever you call it at low speed. but i doubt that was the case. my mechanic mate said that when the part is delivered hes going to give the car a once over for me. the top bar is a little bent in the middle and bottle bar seems straight but ill have a look in a few days and see how it is. ill keep you updated with pics and stuff.

jeez, must have been going pretty fast to cause that sorta damage, someones obvs replaced the front before ahah xD

honestly i have no idea if the front has be replaced before, like i said it was a parking problem hence why i got it for free :P but i am going to try and fix it so its at least legal, witch bring me to my question.

does anyone know what size the bolts are to take off the front bumper and the slam bar that needs to be replaced?

as i haven't got any tools and looking to get some, just need to know what i need to look for as i haven't got the money to go crazy and buy a shitload of stuff :P