Sign in to follow this  
termitisvw

From Steel Rims To Alloy

Hello

i am a bout to change my 15 inch steel wheels with 15 inch alloys. 

part number :PZ49M-B0670-MB

do you know how much tha steel wheels weigh and how much the alloys???

thanks in advance

according to google the alloys are $191 each (and would have to pay improt tax etc right?)

would probs be cheaper to find a uk reseller or go for aftermarket wheels

I already found them on a dealer. I just want to know the weight to check if they are lighter from the stock steel rim. I dont want to put more weight on my already underpowered 1.0 yaris

Done some Googling... Apparently the MKII Yaris 15" steelies weighed about 7.25kg (16lbs) and some standard Toyota Yaris 15" alloys weight about 6.75kg (15lbs). This gives you a guide and in general/theory, alloys should be lighter than steelies but it depends on the quality, style and rim width etc. of the alloy.

There isn't going to be much difference in weight if you swap 15" for 15" and it is highly unlikely to be noticeable performance-wise. You would save more weight by only ever carrying a maximum of half a tank of fuel instead of a full tank! Alloys almost always look better too.

Remember, this change might count as a customization as it is an alteration to how the car left the factory so you may have to notify your insurer, if you're so inclined.