lani100

Lani's Ph2 T- Sport/ Vitz rep from The Netherlands (pic heavy)

My name is Lani from the Netherlands, don't think I need to introduce myself :P as most you know me off the FB pages.

Can't find my old post so here I am with a fresh topic!

Have the car for just over a year now bought it august 2016 100% bone stock fully dealer maintained with just 80k miles on the clock. I grew up with Asian cars and my mum has 1.3 frenchie for years so that's what got me into these.

My goal is to make it into a Vitz RS rep as I'm a Jap nut, enough talking let's go straight to the project!

Current modlist:

Vitz badges

JDM badges

JDM armrest

JDM ignition light

JDM multicolour speedo bulbs

Crystal Eye LED taillights

Osram Nightbreakers bulbs

HKS Hi Power Silent exhaust

Mk2 spoiler

Pioneer DEH-X5800BT HU + Connects2 stalk

OMP front and rear braces

The day I got it 

rmKI2vPl.jpg

Back home I already had some mods waiting so once I finally got home after a 3,5h drive slapped the Crystal Eyes on that I had waiting and tinted the front fogs

GI148GBl.jpg

Fast forward a few days later, Installed the best mod yet a new Pioneer DEH-X5800BT unit and a Connects2 stalk-adapter, while at it I replaced the heatercontrol bulbs as they were a little dim.

The Connects2 adapter was needed to remain the steeringhweelcontrol functionality  and it works absolutely flawlessly.

BsJHozQl.jpg

cArWG6Al.jpg

Didn't do much during the summer apart from some maintenance and fitting some Vitz badges.

Had some overnight parts coming from Japan just before winter so I could fit them, the shipment included a brand new HKS Hi Power Silent exhaust and the pair of badges 

RX3r2Q8l.jpg

Oum1ePCl.jpg

Thingy on top is to prevent motorway drone, oh and cheeky lil pic of me

For those interested how it sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv3t4G2GEus

CqLFIAol.jpg

Ordered some more mods during the cold months: OMP front and rear braces of a fellow member and a MK2 spoiler, took awhile for the spoiler to arrive and it had to painted.

In the meantime I installed the braces.

aNWHsuVl.jpg

X4ihT5Ll.jpg

The front brace really improved the handling in corners, the rear is more there for show and doesn't do much

fast forwarding a few months later I got a call from the painter saying that the spoiler was ready and oh boy does it look good

While at it I replace the rear pads and sparkplugs as they needed chaning.

oABxZZkl.jpg

AOdr0cel.jpg

Q3hZ6i6l.jpg

At this point I really started focusing on sourcing rare JDM bits I've spend hours and hours on various forums, sites and blogs both English and Japanse.

Edited by lani100
added mod list

1 hour ago, Dec_hawes said:

Lovely car! does the mk2 spoiler require much to fit?

Thanks, should go right on with 2 selftappers on each side a bit of tigerseal here and there.

Forgot to post my latest additions so here they are

• JDM Vitz optional armrest
  • JDM Vitz optional ignition light
  • Broadway clip-on ultrawide mirror
  • Blitz filter (still needs fitting)
  • Team Heko winddeflectors

XyRvSunl.jpg

OlaqZdZl.jpg

iKr1TTUl.jpg

33 minutes ago, lani100 said:

Thanks, should go right on with 2 selftappers on each side a bit of tigerseal here and there.

Thanks makes the car look completely different 

Lil update, received some goods from the UK :)

Whiteline rear ARB and the Edd's special 4 point underbrace, the Whiteline needed some love and new mounting hardware as it was missing.

1H6fODvl.png

LbZLLKol.png

All sanded down to bare and shiny metal time for paint!

i2o8gyEl.png

Mate hard at work on the new brackets

6x4YOUgl.png

Shiny...

cwE5Sn1l.png

Towbar makes an excellent jacking point :) oh it's an original Toyota one too.

Thanks for watching lads stay tuned for more!

Hi there nice car mate ,could you tell me where you bought your rear lights the crystal eyes,maybe a link to purchase these thanks ☺👍

On 11-3-2018 at 5:46 PM, wobblyman said:

Hi there nice car mate ,could you tell me where you bought your rear lights the crystal eyes,maybe a link to purchase these thanks ☺👍

Thanks pal, join the Yarisclub UK facebook group, I ocasionally have them for sale.

Thanks for your answer but I'm not on Facebook anymore,I'll need to source them from the websites,thanks though 

Small update more parts arrived.

Will be fitting these soon, car won't be slammed function over form for me, it's all about the handling.

Car will be a street legal Go-cart once done.

c3Myl3MXl.png

Stay tuned lads, huge update coming very soon!

On 4/7/2018 at 8:57 PM, wobblyman said:

Look forward to seeing more fella ,like your mods so far 👍☺

Thanks mate :) huge update coming very soon.

21 hours ago, wobblyman said:

I feel as though me and you are only ones on here enjoying our Yaris tsports and modding lol.😮😊

It all happens on Facebook these days mate. Many don't even know the forum exists and it's only been up and running again recently. 

I really like forums as you can really see the progress on builds and it's easy to keep track off.

I prefer the forums as I have had bad experiences with people on Facebook that's why I don't use it anymore and it takes up a lot of my time to do other things,never been my thing those social media sites.as you have mentioned this forum allows me to get good ideas for my car too.😊

BIG BIG BIG UPDATE!

After about 2 years sourcing parts off the Japanese auctions I finally go the TRD Turbo kit complete, well sort off :P

One step closer to building my dream Yaris ehh "Vitz" should is say.

I ended up with this pile:

w2F3rZal.png

Which basically contains this:

w4g5zkcl.png

She tiny tho

7i0wN2Bl.png

My local mechanic accepted the challenge and off he went! engine bay prep to fit a stronger clutch

z83zNa8l.png

All looking good, went with a Exedy clutch as they are pretty good value for money. 

Clutch install wasn't the easiest but we got there.

sY9MjwNl.png

6215sjHl.png

Quick test fit, process so far was fairly easy until we faced our first issue the clutch lines didn't fit in combination with the existing brackets, while my mechanic was trying to find a solution for that I went ahead and ordered a fancy all black Mocal oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate.

After that I went on the hunt for the intercooler air-duct as I didn't have that either, after doing my research the one from the D4-D diesel is exactly the same happy days :) 

In the meantime we dropped the pan to drill a hole for the oil return line.

iLgxpMVl.png

Mocal plate looking good!

3ZR653yl.png

LkJWIl6l.png

Nearing completion! sadly didn't get to start the car that night as the MAF wiring was a tiny bit too short and I didn't have my soldering equipment on hand.

At this point only a few lines needed to be ran and some buttoning up, exciting...... went ahead and plugged the TRD-ecu in in preparation for the big moment.

The next day, D-DAY!

wEoEOcfl.png

She started right up first try, no oil leaks whatsoever.

Thanks again for watching more to come!

Honestly thought the forums were dead, thank you for linking this on FB! I have not done any work today haha!

Very cool to see you retro fit the Turbo goodies!!! Wonder if the engine is the same? Compression etc?

I think my build thread is gone, so im gonna make another!

14 hours ago, Gorilla said:

Honestly thought the forums were dead, thank you for linking this on FB! I have not done any work today haha!

Very cool to see you retro fit the Turbo goodies!!! Wonder if the engine is the same? Compression etc?

I think my build thread is gone, so im gonna make another!

Thanks mate, yes it's still the original engine the TRD turbo's were just bolted on by TRD so no change in that.