Sign in to follow this  
omega888

ATF Change Help Please........

Hi everyone, I would be grateful for some advice please with my 2002 Yaris 1.3 Auto  67k (UK made not French).

I want to change the automatic transmission fluid.....according to the owners manual it requires Toyotas own T-IV (JWS3309 / NWS6500).

I called two Toyota dealers who don't have this in stock and I can't find any on ebay.  The transmission is working perfectly and the colour of the ATF is fine (not bright pink as I'm used to but a clear brown the same as the power steering fluid) I think this is the colour the fluid is even when new. I just want to change it for piece of mind.

So I have two questions

1) is there an alternative to Toyota T-IV that you would trust and is safe to use (I've found Mobil 3309 on ebay)

2) does my car have an ATF filter 

Thank you very much

On 12/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, omega888 said:

Hi everyone, I would be grateful for some advice please with my 2002 Yaris 1.3 Auto  67k (UK made not French).

I want to change the automatic transmission fluid.....according to the owners manual it requires Toyotas own T-IV (JWS3309 / NWS6500).

I called two Toyota dealers who don't have this in stock and I can't find any on ebay.  The transmission is working perfectly and the colour of the ATF is fine (not bright pink as I'm used to but a clear brown the same as the power steering fluid) I think this is the colour the fluid is even when new. I just want to change it for piece of mind.

So I have two questions

1) is there an alternative to Toyota T-IV that you would trust and is safe to use (I've found Mobil 3309 on ebay)

2) does my car have an ATF filter 

Thank you very much

Any quality brand will do, these are old numbers which no longer exist but have been replaced by new.

Odd they didn't told you which one to get but that's typical for a dealer.