Sign in to follow this  
Reggie-rock

Hi, Just got a low mileage Yaris

Posted (edited)

Hi, I am not exactly a newbe but a returner to this forum as this is my second Mk1 Yaris, my first was a 1.0 manual which I had for about 2 years and I sold some years ago but proved to be a reliable car which I used as a run about as I also had a Porsche and a Jag XK at the time and found the Yaris very useful sometimes having 4 seats and park it anywhere I would not want to leave my more up market cars for any length of time.

I now am a new owner of another Yaris Mk1 which will be my daughters car (Hayley) when she passes her driving test and is gaining experience behind the wheel of with L plates and me in the passenger seat but is of cause very limited at the moment due to the lock down.

Anyway, about this Yaris which I took delivery on Good Friday, it is a 2002 1.3 automatic car in gold and it is not perfect but well above average condition for a 18 year old car. It has had 1 lady owner from new and looking at the MOT's it covered 50,000 miles in the first 3 years then 16,000 miles in the following 15 years, so the mileage now reads 66,000 miles and had a service every year.

The car starts, drives and stops just as if it was new so very pleased with my purchase.

The jobs done so far with the help of Hayley are giving it a good clean inside and out and de-cloud the front headlight lenses with the aid of wet and dry sanding sheets and a fine cutting paste to make them look good again.

I am a little concerned about the key which I only have 1 and is taped up as it's damaged but have ordered a new one and hope to change over the inner parts from the old one. 

The photo was taken on the day I got the car and sorry my white car is a bit in the way a bit.

That's all for now

Reggie

gold yaris2020.jpg

Edited by Reggie-rock