Sign in to follow this  
B3NNO

40K Service

My Yaris was in for its 40k service (even tho its only done 37k) and well... there were a few things to be done. i.e. Front Discs, Pads all round, new door bootstrap, Anti-roll bushes. passed its MOT tho which is all good

but it did cost me £597 with TOC Discount which i was so glad it hadnt expired

350quid of that is for the brakes... (an absolute rip)

and 90 for the ARB's (not too bad)

Serivce... 200quid

MOT... 45quid

Random bits... whatever extra

TBH you havnt come off too bad if you ask me, for ALL that work, but it could have been half the price!

yeah but the unfortunate news i had from that day was when they told me that i had been ripped off by the main dealership by them "replacing the discs" but only skimming them instead, but they are aload of twats and they do have 100's of complaints each year.

if anyone sees a Pinkstones garage my advice dont bother!

i got a quote for £110 just to skim my brakes and then id need pads on top of that. I got new disks and pads for the front for £65 delivered and fitted them myself.

Stealerships are not getting my money for stuff like that. All iwant is the stamp and thats it.

why would they skim discs that already had 40,000 on them? if u skimmed them and kept using them thered be no disc left!! and 350 quid for brakes??? WTF

Yeah, you should be buried alive for skimming old discs and passing them off as new

Not as if ADL OE spec discs are expensive! Should get change from 70-80quid!

You should go back and demand that they put new discs on! If they've said they've replaced them with new discs thats what they have to do.

The problem is now that they have been skimmed thats just a temp fix, as with skimming discs there only gonna warp again in time, so getting new discs would be the better option.

When i used to skim discs at toyota, i got told by the techs thats its pointless as when heat starts to build up on them again there gonna warp, and they did the amount of times we had plp coming back in a few months later complaining that there discs are shagged.

Just watch out for it

i know a site where you can get a pair of discs for 55 and shoes an all are cheap too ill look for the link here.

i wonder did they even change your brake fluid for £600?

I cant believe that a main dealer would skim discs in the first place

If your car is under warranty and you complain of brake judder of the discs are scored slightly, Toyota GB request that the discs are to be skimmed aslong as there is a sufficient amount of thickness left on the disc.

yeah for brake judder when the discs still have wear left in them.

But skimming them at a 40k service instead of replacing them? Thats wrong and dangerous

Im at 35k now and theres barely any of my discs left if they were skimmed instead of replaced id wear right through them before too long.

[quote name="Matty"]If your car is under warranty and you complain of brake judder of the discs are scored slightly, Toyota GB request that the discs are to be skimmed [b]aslong as there is a sufficient amount of thickness left on the disc[/b].[/quote]

[quote name="jd26"] [quote name="Matty"]If your car is under warranty and you complain of brake judder of the discs are scored slightly, Toyota GB request that the discs are to be skimmed [b]aslong as there is a sufficient amount of thickness left on the disc[/b].[/quote][/quote]

yes i know thats what they do in that situation

the problem here is that this fellas discs needed replaced cos they were done out as in no thickness, but the dealer just skimmed them and told him they had been replaced and charged him for a replacement.