Sign in to follow this  
middletonian

Yaris T3 D-4D

I bought my 4 year old Yaris in May 2008 from a non-Toyota dealer. In December it just stopped while driving, wouldn't re-start immediately but after a minute or so it fired up and was fine. I put this down to low fuel (I'd been warned not to let the fuel fall below quarter full). Last week, while travelling at 70 mph on the M65 it again cut out. A frightening and dangerous situation but fortunately I made the hard shoulder. Again the car started after a minute or so. The car runs fine on short local runs, the problem only arising after 40 to 50 mile runs. I had the filters changed but the local Toyota dealer has diagnosed a problem with the fuel pump and a cost of £890.35 to replace it - which amounts to 10% of the original new price of the car. Having contacted Toyota they are not interested in considering a contribution towards the cost of the part unless I can provide evidence of a full service history at a Toyota Dealer. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Chances are if Toyota have diagnosed it as the fuel pump then thats what needs doing, it might be worth trying local garages to see if they can do it for you at a better price, £900 for a fuel pump seems ridiculous, I believe my mum got hers done (admittedly on a corsa) for about £300 when it went.

Hoooo leeeee s**t! thats a joke! i just paid near £250 for a rear wheel bearin...

I knew jap parts were expensive but thats ridiculous! hope u got it sorted.

im really surprised the pump broke tho. Have you ever tried any fuel treatments?