Sign in to follow this  
Coxy

Coxy's (old) Project Thread

Dont take the centre box out because it`ll sound sh*t and you`ll have no back pressure and it`ll be even more gutless low down...

I cant see the pics but you`ve taken off the P1`s...get the tyres swapped over!! or else i`ll be forced to teabag you repeatidle after a hot sweaty day.

Yeah I really don't wanna take the mid box out, but I need popage! :lol:

The P1s need a refurb anyway. A little curbing plus ruined stickers and gunned on Rays nuts is not a good combo. Think black rims look loads better.

Need a good colour for the P1s to make me keep them, gunmetal is soooo last year!

Blatently get them done takata green! but i dont think you would dare to be honest........ :thumbsup:

Oh trust me I would! Problem is we've been here before with the TS wheels and it just didn't suit them. If I could get a photoshop and they looked good I'd do it!

Yeah but TS rims as i`ve said before do NOT suit anything other than the basic colours...

Black doesnt look better! The tyres just look baloon now for some reason and the previous height actually looked perfect and think it looks a bit gay as low as it is now...but thats my opinion.

Removing the centre box will make you regret it soon after. It`ll be waaaaay too loud and probably make it sound wank and far too raspy. My RSR pulled it off because it gave a deep sound compared to the Fuji and it had the cat still but even then i had no back pressure and lost lots of low end..

Yeah true they only suit black white silver and grey. That's fair enough though, not the end of the world.

Well gunmetal looked gay as, stone chips looked awfull as did the curbing. That alone wanted me to get them off and the fact they had mismatched poor tyres (IMO) made it a no brainer. The TS wheels have got very decent Paradas all round. The P1s have Toyo Proxes and some Falken anti curb things on.

The tyres are the same size between the TS and P1s, only difference is the wheel width which yeah, does make them baloon a little.

The height hasn't changed, AT ALL! I haven't done anything too it. The coileys are wound all the way down front and rear, just as they were when I bought it off Jay. All I've done is change the wheels. I will be swapping the coilovers though, at least to see the difference, but the height wont be changing. The front lip just sticks too far out and will catch every curb, speed bump or pot hole going! I'm happy with the height, the 1 litre was so decked to compensate for the lack of looks, I don't think the TS needs it.

I don't WANT to take the mid box out, I just want to make the thing pop and bang! 8) Maybe look at getting a slightly free-er flowing mid box? I also need to get the thing on some ramps and get under it cos I can hear it blowing and there's gunge all over the joint and down the fuel take.

Which is the best Peugot clamp to get? 47 or 58mm? I haven't been under it so havent measured!

know what you mean about the p1s looking small but they make the car a bit more special, looks more like all the other TG's with just refurbed ts wheels - not saying it doesnt look good mind! :)

standard wheels in green - just for lolz :lol:

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/JoshD/greeeeeennn.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ ... eeennn.jpg[/url]

Sounds odd that it doesnt pop coxy, mine pops so much now with decat!

Not sure aboout the TS wheels but i feel it does need a overhall in the wheel dep!

What about some nice rotas with a red lip?? :thumbsup:

Don't know about wheels for the time being, got a big weekend of suspension swap over and get some more bits of the blue one.

I still think the exhaust is blowing a bit but don't know which diameter Peugot clamp to get?!?!

I discovered it will pop just over 3K RPM in 2nd with a light dab of gas. But it sounds so quiet, maybe because of back seats and stuff so need to try elsewhere. I think it would flame if it didn't have the mid box.

It's loud enough IMO sounds fucking ace you can hear if for miles too I wish mine was louder at times but then again it's nice to have some relief on long journeys

pops and flames would be cool though I'd worry bout plod and having to arse about come mot time

@Jason the p1s were in a pretty manky condition and do 'look' small compared to my d1s (original styles p1 replicas) they look like 14"s if refurbed they could work but the black TSs look great we would do a lip but we can't find anything that sticks to the satin paint :(

They may have been in bad shape but i`ve seen this car so many times with them on and it just looked so right, they went hand in hand with the rest of the car but again my opinion only. Refurb purple *cough*

in fairness you hate change when it comes to wheels jason if you'd had your way adam would still be rocking white ts wheels :lol: they are nice wheels and im sure a refurb could be on the cards but what this car needs is something new, something that makes it dan's car not ooh look its coxy driving jay's old car that used to be ray's old car... ...it needs something fresh, afaik the black ts's are only on there for the tyres atm, so anything could be planned

fuck purple, neon yellow/green would be cool on these rims or polished :drool: now that would be original, im half tempted to get my d1's polished or hyperblack

agree! needs a refresh and new wheels will always be the best way to start - as much as i love the bc's on it.

Well I have plans in the pipeline to properly make it my own :wink: but for now there are little exterior touches that I want so that it doesn't look exactly the same as it did.

So far:
Hekos instead of Toyotas
Removed some stickers
Removed RS badge
Got a 3rd brake light that works! :lol:
Wheels

Tbh I like the Buddy Clubs, I just don't want them in gunmetal and I don't want the tyres. If anyone (cough BLiTZ) would be kind enough to take a photo from the last few pages and photoshop them a variety of colours I may be tempted to sell the TS rims and keep the Buddys. Then get some titanium nuts or atleast some a different colour and redo the calipers either to match the rims or just something subtle like black.

Also when I get the TRD spoiler on it should help, although the savage rubbing from the TTE spoiler is through to the metal!!! :'(

Opinions on black roof, black boot top and black centre of TRD spoiler? Possibly with a carbon roof panel?

Had a good go at getting some of the bits off despite mr cox's hangover and I'm sunburnt to fuck to prove it, but I'll say one thing this car with 2/3rds of an exhaust sounds brutal :D

Lol was a laugh yesterday Ed!

Looking for opinions on this? No white ones on rare rims so cant try white :(

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/Coxy777/Yaris%20TS/untitled-1.jpg[/img]

I've personally always disliked they rims but thats just me. I dont like the anodized red looking lip on them or the 4 spoke-ness. Cool that you got this car mate as got some wicked bits on it! When you finished transfering the parts across it should be awesome!

I only tried them for a laugh but I'm starting to like it!

Besides wanting to make this car my own, I also want to do stuff that's never been done before or is very rare. That doesn't mean stupid or retarded though.

I'll run you up some 'shops when I get a chance got a few ideas I'd like to try out along the lines of yesterdays disscussions...

That'd be great thanks. Take your pic from this thread for photies.

Black and white and whatever else you fancy. :)

Cheers!

[quote name="Coxy"]So it begins! :D

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/Coxy777/Yaris%20TS/IMG_0014-1.jpg[/img][/quote]

You bastard! I was meant to go see that on the Sunday as I couldn't get there sooner! :shutup:

Still, you've saved me a ton of money in the process :yes:

Nice one -I'm more than a bit jealous! :thumbsup:

A