Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Body Vinyl Design

Vinyls can look good on a fully tricked car and even then only when done tastefully. No offence mate but the name of your car plastered across your car (wrong names aswell!) is never cool and you need a spoiler and colour coded bumpers ATLEAST before you were to even concider graphics imo.

The general lines of the strips isn't bad though as you have kind of followed lines already on the car which is a good start.

[quote name="Aidan"]^ replies like that are one of the main reasons i rarely visit or post on this forum[/quote]

Lighten up mate it just an opinion. Maybe not the best way to say he doesn't like it but then again you asked for opinions. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Besides does it really matter if others dont like it if you do?

its true if we all like the same things buddy are cars would be very similar it peoples opinion.
it could look ok but mabe after a bit of colour coding first :thumbsup:

The font was kinda just to show what text i'd have. This whole thing is just me trying to be creative lol, text will probably go

I personally think that, Vinyls and Decals are the sort of mods you should only think about if the car is fully modified to a show car sort of standard for it to actually mean something or look good.
The other way of getting away with it is if you car is modded purposely to look like a rally/track car, such as MSB and Tbaz's cars. You could then get away with brands, numbers, Logos, stripes as if they were sponsors on a track day etc etc.. i think you get the picture of what im trying to say.

but again, thats my opinion and all im saying is i wouldnt put any big decals and lettering on my own car.
If you decide to go with your own ideas and designs, then its a unique looking car altogether, but would go with what coupi said above.. Toyota Fonts and Logo would be a sensible thing to start with if anything.

[quote name="Aidan"]^ replies like that are one of the main reasons i rarely visit or post on this forum[/quote]

lol aidan..c'mon mate, we all know theres always gonna be haters, jealousy..arrogant basterds! i hate em 2 but its just a forum init 8)

as for the decals..id have to agree with Hyn! would look good when car is fully modified and at a track day or sumthin..maybe photoshop some other designs and could compare em?

[quote name="Aidan"]was completely unconstructive is my point.[/quote]

Actually I think it was very constructive, you asked for opinions, a picture is worth a thousand words, that picture perfectly describes my opinions on that decal design :p

I could have just come along and said "I think it looks gash" if that makes you happier, but personally I think this was a perfect excuse to break out picard :p Lighten up.

I agree with Hyn and RJ tbh....would only look good if your car is highly modified and has the "go" to match the "show"...i'd save your money for other things mate :)