Sign in to follow this  
Rice Burner

anyone know. . .

Whats wrong with it???? Here it is, my wife's yaris died on her, we tow it home to check it out. you turn the key and everything works (plugs are sparking,starter spinning)so we pull off the fuel hose and there's no gas. K easy fix I say and 750 euros later change the pump. Then it would start again, I change the tps sensor (with a used one) so I start it up the yellow engine light is on so I take it to a diagnostic center, we plug it in and it brings up tps and o2 sensor! It starts but you need to hold the starter for bout 10-15 seconds before it starts! I change those 2 sensors (with very expensive new ones) go back to diagnose it, engine light still on and still hard start! Now the diagnostic says coolant sensor. FCUK! ANOTHER 70 EURO PART! Change that and STILL THE SAME!!!!! I'M OVER 1K IN PARTS ALONE! Can't return them cause they're electronic non returnables! Does anyone know what's wrong? PLEASE.

you paid 750 euros for a fuel pump?? :blink:

firstly, have you checked compression? that can cause it to not start up properly (lots of cranking etc).

have you checked the timing? that can also cause it to start up funny.

the coolant sensor wont make it hard to start. all it will do is run coldstart at worst. so its something else thats the problem.

id also check the injectors, if you wasnt delivering fuel to them properly they can get bound up and stick.

[quote name='StarletRick' date='13 December 2009 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1260698668' post='108963']
you paid 750 euros for a fuel pump?? :blink:

firstly, have you checked compression? that can cause it to not start up properly (lots of cranking etc).

have you checked the timing? that can also cause it to start up funny.

the coolant sensor wont make it hard to start. all it will do is run coldstart at worst. so its something else thats the problem.

id also check the injectors, if you wasnt delivering fuel to them properly they can get bound up and stick.
[/quote]

YEAH 750!! I live in Cyprus and they kill you on parts!! timing is good. I haven't taken the injectors out to check, if they did bind how to unbind them??

^Just to add a ECT sensor is key to your engine starting hot and cold. If this is a 1ltr then the rings can go on them...if you wernt getting the management light on then i've had to do several starters on these for shite starting :huh:

but hangon you aint change the ECT sensor yet...i would defo go with one of they if its broke giving a false reading then it will probably be flooding it on cranking hence taking ages to go.