Sign in to follow this  
seveer unaek

Can't beat an independant!

Just had my 60k service done at a local garage...

I rang toyota and they quoted £280 for basic 60k service. (get bent)

So, found me a nice local fella, no sign over the door, no ramps, just jacks and good old fashioned techniques...

Got the whole service done including fully synth 5w-40 oil, gearbox oil changed, 5.0 brake fluid, engine coolant changed, new brake pads and the whole car feels like new, better than any service iv had before, everyhting feeling firmed up and the price....

£170

Needless to say, I shall use him again!

(For those that know earpl... imagine him running his own garage at 50yrs old... legend!)

Cool! Shame I am a poor bugger, I have to do everything DIY. :(

I think it's time for me to change the gear box oil.... can't understand a word the Haynes Manual is saying though! Can anyone tell me where is the drain plug and the fill plug for a 1.0 gear box?

P.S. Hey Seveer, seems you are a Back to the Future 2 Fan just by looking at your signature!?

Hell yeah! Major fan! Love the trilogy!

Here's another for you...

"Is this a hold-up?"
"It's a science experiment!"

or...

"When this baby hist 88mph you're gonna see some serious shit!" (Iv got that as a message toine on my phone! Yes, I do need to get a life!

Gearbox oil change made a big difference, gearbox is much slicker.

[quote name="seveer unaek"]Hell yeah! Major fan! Love the trilogy!

Here's another for you...

"Is this a hold-up?"
"It's a science experiment!"

or...

"When this baby hist 88mph you're gonna see some serious s**t!" (Iv got that as a message toine on my phone! Yes, I do need to get a life!

Gearbox oil change made a big difference, gearbox is much slicker.[/quote]

Great Scott! This is Heavy! And you are in Leeds!

Where's the place you went to? Might as well introduce me to the guy, and perhaps I will get an affordable price (for me) to get the gear box oil changed!

BTW, I learnt how to change engine oil at 7-eleven :wink:

Aye, im in Leeds.

It's in one of the dark arches, place called Enginieous. Dunno if he'll do it though, I was put in touch by a guy who's known him for years and he usually only does vans and stuff! Asking him won't cuase harm though! Think numbers int yellow pages, maybe under Chris Brooke auto's.

The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine, why not do it with some style!

There's that word again; "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

BTW seveer, did they guy put new washers on the drain and fill plug when refitting them back to the transmission?

The Haynes Manual kept saying it's a must to renew those washers... :|