Sign in to follow this  
jrb1512

Replacing air filter

I was going to replace the air filter along with the fuel and oil filters and do an oil change and replace the plugs, ive just had new toyota discs and pads so thought may as well do these bits too. Re. the air filter am i better off getting a replacement panel filter or just get a cheap cone filter with hose? aint going to get any performance benefits from the induction kit but i thought if its the same price as a replacement panel filter i might as well as looks nicer, will it affect mpg or running of the car? when ive used induction kits on anything but turbo cars before they never really have an affect, i just dont want my mpg going down, some people say its better but i know lod sof peope who say its marginally worse, unsure if thats cause of a heavier right foot though

TBH unless you want to spend alot of money on getting a good induction kit you might as well spend some cash on a panel filter. A normal cone filter isnt worth having and doesnt affect your mpg unless you start driving differently

You can buy mine with the cleaning kit if you want to? Its a k&n filter. :whistle: :good:

Also I know people are going to say to me that im buying a typhoon kit which I am but thats only because Im getting bored.

unless you want to pay over £100 for a induction kit, i'd say go for a branded panel filter for a few more pennies than a standard toyota one.

I'd stay away from oiled filters, (such as the K&N), and stay away from the TRD filter (standard one, but painted red lol)

I'd suggest a dry filter with a rubber seal such as:

[url="http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-298.aspx"]Blitz Panel Filter[/url]

Or just go to Andrew Page and buy a standard replacement one for about 3 quid which doesnt make you look like a douche.

Just wanted to ask if a panel filter swap is going to affect insurance premiums? I assume they have to be notified?