Sign in to follow this  
s1ngh

Forte Top End Treatment

Hello guys, i was wondering does anyone use Forte Top End Treatment in their Tsport? I always use to use it at every service for my Mazda. This is the stuff;

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main.asp?int_product_id=3984

Also, need to do an oil change 5 30 the ratio? What brand is best?

Thanks!

[quote name='Tunedup_T-sport' date='31 August 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1283265379' post='133848']
Never used it, but if it does what it says on the tin, might be worth a go.

[b]I know sometimes the VVT on mine can be a little erm..... erratic.[/b]
[/quote]

how mate? Ive read that a few times on this forums and another Toyota forum, that the VVT can play up/not work? Tad confused.

I personally wouldnt bother with that stuff. At my place of work we just use the engine flushes get the thing nice and hot. Cleans out hydraulics ect then drop the oil whilst its still boiling. Gets rid of the crap that normally causes top or bottom end problems.

[quote name='TheCaptain69' date='31 August 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1283282271' post='133887']
I personally wouldnt bother with that stuff. At my place of work we just use the engine flushes get the thing nice and hot. Cleans out hydraulics ect then drop the oil whilst its still boiling. Gets rid of the crap that normally causes top or bottom end problems.
[/quote]

Oh, i heard the other way round regards to oil flushing lol. The VVT issue, is it rare?

The VVTi issue is a bigger problem than most know i believe. When i got a mate of mine to look up some info when doing my rebuild there was a special section for checking correct VVT operation.

what are the signs? is it obvious? Sorry complete novice here...i know with my friends ep3 and my other friends VVLTI Tsport Celica you can hear it switch....

edit - just found this thread,

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54027

So lack in power basically?